Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rear wheel bearing ls430

tiny0158

Hiya

Can anyone recommend where to buy a rear wheel bearing kit/hub assembly for my 2001 ls430 ?

I've read the post/s on here which suggest its easier to change the whole assembly rather than just the bearings but difficult to see which manufacturers make the highest quality replacement kits.

I've seen ADT blueprint on eBay has anyone any experience of the different makes ?

thanks in advance for any help

tim

I'll second that, they seem to have a good reputation for quality and long life however I would check OEM Lexus prices as the LS400 lower balljoints from BP cost more than OEM!

Lexus Birmingham sell a lot of parts on eBay so may be worth asking their price, if you are in no hurry there is Amayama.com who sell OEM parts with heavy discounts even taking into account shipping and import taxes.

• 4 months later...

I have actually fitted a Blueprint bearing on my 2001 LS430 and it works fine. Its a bit of a job, as the half shaft has to come out and the exhaust is in the way but it got rid of a rumbling noise I had when cornering at speed.

Paul

• 11 months later...

I mentioned a post about this problem 2-3 years back.

I bought 2 x Hubs as that was the deal on eBay imported from USA.

Even with the duty it was a fraction of the price in the UK. I sold the unwanted extra hub to a lucky UK buyer for circa £50 reducing my cost for the one part I needed. A local garage charged just 2 hours labour to fit one side.

One thing to mention - when the Hub is replaced and the mechanic removes the drive shaft (6 x hex bolts plus 2 x horseshoe washers) make sure they put them back in with enough torque (92 lbs). Mine came undone (twice!!!) and the washer damaged the AC pipe above the axle breaking my rear AC. The bolts and washers are an expensive items circa £40 so use some locking metal glue!! 

I should have sued the garage but it was a while before I realised the AC wasn't working.