Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New NX owner - Car now here!

Lets try this again...after my original post last week was mysteriously deleted?! 

Currently waiting (im)patiently for the delivery of my new Sonic White Luxury - due to pick it up on the 23rd June. After years of loving my Dad's last 3 Lexus' (IS250, GS300h and GS450h)...he started working for them and persuaded me and the wife to buy a brand spanking NX over others in the category we were looking at. the smaller space, compared to our MK4 Mondeo will take some getting used to, but there's only two of us and the dog, so shouldn't need too much space!! 

Hoping we can achieve at least 35mpg once it's run in, so that my wallet won't take too much of a hit compared to the relatively frugal Mondeo which has given me 45mpg over the life of the car (last 6 years).

Pics will follow once we've taken delivery. Hope the wife lets me drive it :( 

Let's see if my reply, which was also deleted last time sticks :unsure:.

Mine's Sonic White too, it has a great sheen to it and hides the dirt pretty well. TBH I don't think Lexus do a bad colour these days. Mine's the F Sport and most of my journey's are less than 5 miles in outer suburbia, so pretty grim from an mpg point of view. I'm 7000 miles in and lifetime average mpg is 35.1

Welcome to the club and look forward to the pics :smile:

11 minutes ago, DJP said:

Let's see if my reply, which was also deleted last time sticks :unsure:.

Mine's Sonic White too, it has a great sheen to it and hides the dirt pretty well. TBH I don't think Lexus do a bad colour these days. Mine's the F Sport and most of my journey's are less than 5 miles in outer suburbia, so pretty grim from an mpg point of view. I'm 7000 miles in and lifetime average mpg is 35.1

Welcome to the club and look forward to the pics :smile:

I wasn't sure about White as I know it's the current fad! We had a choice of White or black if we wanted the car now with the current promotion they were running with deposit contributions etc...plus it was timely as our car will shortly be giving up the ghost and is due a service, MOT and new tyres by the end of august...

but having seen your white one (and a few other pics), the white looks chuffing marvellous so I'm glad we went for it. 

there's a couple of things that I wish the luxury had that the F-Sport/Premier has (electric steering wheel rake adjustment and dipped wing mirror when reversing being the main two), but they are more "wants" than "needs" and the spec for the Luxury is more than ample; though having read some of the posts about the Navigation, I'm not so excited about the infotainment system now :mellow:)! They were even kind enough to throw in the rubber boot liner as part of the delivery which will be useful with a spaniel that loves water/mud! (although I'm pretty sure we've just absorbed the cost rather than it being a freebie!)

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

The reason your last thread disappeared was because you duplicated the thread.

Did I? Apologies if so! Thanks for the clarification 

• 2 weeks later...

Took delivery of my NX yesterday afternoon! First impressions are nothing but positive. The rubber boot liner they threw in was a nice touch (especially with the dog!)...Only done a couple of short trips so far, but it's as comfortable as I remember from the test drive. The colour is absolutely stunning, glad the wife trumped me and chose white over black. I've yet to see another white one in the flesh too, which is nice. 

Reading through the manual, it would be nice to have some of the features the Premier comes with, but all around we have everything we will need/want. We even have the pre-crash warning thing, which I didn't think we would have. 

The infotainment system is OK - was expecting the worst after some of the things that have been said on here, but it's absolutely fine for my needs. Plays audio via Bluetooth from my phone (big thing for me), phones were paired very easily and the DAB stations were already pre-programmed. The NAV seems ok and no less fiddly than what I've experienced with BMW and Merc's systems. 

If I have one "complaint", it would be that the tailgate doesn't lift as high as I'm used to, so I've hit my head on it twice. 

No clue on the fuel economy as of yet, obviously, but it had a full tank of fuel and 13 miles on the clock, with a range of 535 miles when we got it - If we get anywhere near this or even as low as 450 miles from a tank, I'll be pretty happy. We averaged about 600 miles in our last car (MKIV Mondeo 2.0 diesel), which is a 70 litre tank. I believe the NX is a 50 litre tank, so 450 miles would be perfectly acceptable. 

IMG_0687.jpg

1 minute ago, C Mclean said:

Tailgate opening height can be adjusted, can't remember how it's done but I think it's fairly easy.. Looks nice in white...

Even if it's a peasants manual open/close tailgate? I'll have a gander in the manual! Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, Aztecs27 said:

Even if it's a peasants manual open/close tailgate? I'll have a gander in the manual! Cheers. 

Ahh, didn't realise that you had the speedy manual option instead of the slow electric one..

Just now, C Mclean said:

Ahh, didn't realise that you had the speedy manual option instead of the slow electric one..

:laugh:

I do, much to the wife's despair! 

I did get a bit excited when I was signing the various forms yesterday as it said "Model: NX 300h Luxury (Nav) (Convenience Pack)" - thinking they've somehow sent the wrong one and we'd have a power tailgate, but no such luck.

Oh dear, according to the Lexus site, the powered tailgate is part of the convenience package "http://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/?NX/b97a7ca8-ebde-44fd-a025-64baedbc2cb7/configure/options" . Cue checking all the docs relating to the purchase and a gorilla gram to the dealership !!!

12 minutes ago, C Mclean said:

Oh dear, according to the Lexus site, the powered tailgate is part of the convenience package "http://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/?NX/b97a7ca8-ebde-44fd-a025-64baedbc2cb7/configure/options" . Cue checking all the docs relating to the purchase and a gorilla gram to the dealership !!!

Haha! I can't complain too much. I didn't order one with the convenience pack, and got a handsome discount off the car in the first place. 

That looks very nice indeed glad you are pleased. I think most of the bugs in the infotainment system and been ironed out, it's just not the most intuitive system. One thing I like though is how the volume remains at the previously set level. E.G. if you are listening to bluetooth music and crank it up a bit, when you switch to the radio it reverts to whatever the volume was the last time you were listening to the radio.

Happy motoring!

14 minutes ago, DJP said:

That looks very nice indeed glad you are pleased. I think most of the bugs in the infotainment system and been ironed out, it's just not the most intuitive system. One thing I like though is how the volume remains at the previously set level. E.G. if you are listening to bluetooth music and crank it up a bit, when you switch to the radio it reverts to whatever the volume was the last time you were listening to the radio.

Happy motoring!

That's good to know. I noticed that the volume needed to go up with the bluetooth'd music (for whatever reason) - but was worried that when I switched it back to radio (for the wife), it would be at ear deafening volumes. 

My useage has been limited so far, so I'll no doubt get infuriated with the lack of intuitiveness as time goes by, but so far it's no worse than any others I've ever used.

I feel like just going to sit in it for half an hour instead of actually doing some work. 

Happy motoring!

That's good to know. I noticed that the volume needed to go up with the bluetooth'd music (for whatever reason) - but was worried that when I switched it back to radio (for the wife), it would be at ear deafening volumes. 

My useage has been limited so far, so I'll no doubt get infuriated with the lack of intuitiveness as time goes by, but so far it's no worse than any others I've ever used.

I feel like just going to sit in it for half an hour instead of actually doing some work. 

Re the Bluetooth volume adjustment, how much you have to turn it up in the car depends on how high or low it is on the device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, DJP said:

Re the Bluetooth volume adjustment, how much you have to turn it up in the car depends on how high or low it is on the device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well....I spoke to soon! First issue with the Nav system - it's not picking up a GPS signal at all! Exhausted the user manual(s) and can't see what on earth would cause this - and google not turning up much om the way of answers! 

Hmm odd. Never had a GPS issue with the nav, even on the IS which supposedly had awful infotainment but so far has been spot on. 

Might be worth going to the dealer for a software update.  These cars usually have the oldest software on them for whatever reason.

On a side note, be careful with that bin!! 

7 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Hmm odd. Never had a GPS issue with the nav, even on the IS which supposedly had awful infotainment but so far has been spot on. 

Might be worth going to the dealer for a software update.  These cars usually have the oldest software on them for whatever reason.

On a side note, be careful with that bin!! 

Already sorted/moved! :D

It's going in tomorrow to be sorted, so not too much drama - just a faff more than anything else.

13 hours ago, Aztecs27 said:

Already sorted/moved! :D

It's going in tomorrow to be sorted, so not too much drama - just a faff more than anything else.

Make sure you get a software update done when you go. Itll be free of course!

Should improve the whole system too

35 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Make sure you get a software update done when you go. Itll be free of course!

Should improve the whole system too

I've requested it, but my Dad (who works at the dealership) took it in on my behalf to save me wasting time - so it's in his ever capable hands! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links