Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ls 400 Mk 4 No electrics or transmission

Just picked my Missus up from station,message comes up on screen " headlight levelling".

Get home switch off engine ,now no dashlights, radio .

transmission in "Park " but will not shift.

Electronic locking not working.

Help!!

3 hours ago, goldtop said:

Me either, but I was just hoping I could avoid that awkward thing where the immobiliser/key have to make friends again. (After the battery has been disconnected and then reconnected.)

I've had mine off for charging a couple of times, and recently fitted a new Battery, so again, completely disconnected for a while, and the car was fine as soon as Battery refitted.

On balance, I'd rather chance a disconnect than charge the Battery on the car.

Barry, if your car is a 2000 model and you are reconnecting the Battery, you will need to read the yellow warning sticker on the back of your handbook. It advises you to leave the ignition in the 'on' position for 6 minutes before attempting to start the engine.

Update. AA man came along and tested all the fuses ,diagnosed a wiring problem.

Booked it into my local garage.

When I got in to drive there, no indicators,electric windows nowt. As I was planning to use hand signals , this presented problems!.

Managed to get there without a shunt/people shouting at me and left it.

Wiring guy turned up and did his thing and £240 lighter, the barge is back.

Phew!

Well done, and could have been worse.  Do you know exactly what the problem was as it's always good to have it documented on the forum just in case it happens to someone else?

He does not do electrics,absolutely blinding on everything else.

There is a chap he gets in for anything complicated on the electrical front , as he has all the advanced diagnostic gear.

What was wrong?

Buggered if I know,You have a 16 year old car, something will go wrong eventually! If that is all you are not doing too badly>

Fair enough !

In my experience an auto-electrician is a class apart. They go straight to the issue and are not afraid of electrics as many of us are. They can also work out miles cheaper than a main dealer or even an independent.