Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Voice Command

I am now used to the buttons and settings in the NX and now starting to play with the voice commands.  I have the premium navigation and heard that there may be more commands with this, though there doesn't seem to be a complete list anywhere.

All I have tried so far is dialling a couple of numbers on the hands free phone.  However it would be nice to switch full screens by voice between radio, navigation and climate.  In my old car, I could ask "how far to the destination", "how long will it take to get to the destination", "what is the time" and some other questions that kept my eyes on the road and off the screen.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences with voice commands are and if anyone has any tips.

Oh I saw online that the US version has voice training but I don't see that on my UK version.  Is that just me?

I think if you go into the settings there is some help and prompts, but in my experience it's not even close to a Siri type system and is very limited in its functionality. I also think the US version is different to ours.

IMO it's another example of the weakness of the infotainment system and is the Achilles Heel of an otherwise outstanding car.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

You can supposedly say "Go to audio" or "go to navigation" to jump between screens but my NX seems not to understand this.  Its a shame because this tech has been around for nearly 10 years.  I can't see it costing Lexus too much £££ to add more commands.  Probably a day's work for a developer. Even asking for the time would be really handy.  

4 hours ago, Sybaris said:

You can supposedly say "Go to audio" or "go to navigation" to jump between screens 

If it's anything like my IS250, then saying "go to audio" will invariably get a response like "turning air conditioning off" or "switching radio to AM" :wink3:.

To be fair, the voice recognition in my BMWs is no better, so I never tend to use it.

I have come to the conclusion its because my Lexus voice command is female and like a fair few women, it doesn't understand techno speak. I bet if I asked the voice command where is the hoover, it would have no problem telling me where it is and how to operate it.(i know the response I'm going to get from the ladies now)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links