Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi, after using my 2005 GS430 yesterday the dash prompted me that the Battery in my remote was getting low. Does anyone know what Battery is required for this and is it a simple job to fit, or is there a specific sequence so as not to loose any codes etc ?

• Like 1

What kind of key is it?

The batteries are usually very easy to do - no coding or anything like that required, just plug and play.

21S3rveEEEL._AC_UL320_SR160,320_.jpg

If its like the one above, most likely its a CR1616 Battery 3V but best to open it up and make sure

I don't remember the button Battery number (2016?) , but the change procedure is simple, you need to  slide the remote cover and exctract Battery using a little screwdriver on the 4 phillips screws closing the sealed transparent cover.

it sounds easy but I finally gave up. Screws are so small that any of my screwdrivers were good for the job. I even took fob to local homebase and checked smallest on the shelf - still too big.

Eventually it was changed for free at Lexus Guildford during service job.

2 hours ago, mixls400 said:

hi, after using my 2005 GS430 yesterday the dash prompted me that the battery in my remote was getting low. Does anyone know what battery is required for this and is it a simple job to fit, or is there a specific sequence so as not to loose any codes etc ?

I never knew it had that feature - the LS range should of had this especially the keyless ones

1 hour ago, Hangie said:

it sounds easy but I finally gave up. Screws are so small that any of my screwdrivers were good for the job. I even took fob to local homebase and checked smallest on the shelf - still too big.

Eventually it was changed for free at Lexus Guildford during service job.

No they're not - you need the right tools. Get yourself a cheap watchmakers screwdriver set.

If its one of the newer keyless entry keys, its a CR2032

OK so that key will use a CR2032 Battery

Be careful - there's 2 types of keys which look like this! Theres the one above which you can use the key to pull apart and another one which slides off!

If you have a partition on the back by the Lexus logo its a slide off type. Otherwise its one that you use the key on.

Check the owners manual - its shown in there

Movie is for older key fob.

In mine (2010) you need to remove key and then you just slide part with "L" from back. Then underneath there are 4 tiny screws which hold Battery.

Maybe in yours (2005) you need to take it apart "by force" as shown above.