Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450h 07 model

So my car has developed the dreaded headlight spontaneously going off. A quick flip of the lights switch to off and back on and the light comes back on fine. That's until it goes off again a few minutes later. This seems to happen most on one side but also on the other side occasionally too

i recently changed the headlights to a whiter version as they seemed dull or felt like they where not illuminating the road well, when it was MOTed the headlight dip was checked and at its correct position i know lexus can have them dipped too much sometimes

which do you think its more likely to be a bulb on the way out or the ballast??

is there one ballast per light?? if so would both go at a similar time??

Im not sure of the cost of them, but could i not just use a set of the cheaper HID conversions with the ballasts already on them

this is a common problem on the 450Hs - apparently due to the heat generated some wear and tear takes place at the bulb connectors which causes the problem you describe - the fix (as other members have posted here) is to swap the bulbs over - this should hopefully sort it

• Like 1