Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RR-Racing USRS group Buy

I have the USRS fitted to my car as most know.

can honestly say I get none of the issues you mentioned with the BMW. 

Steering, confidence, precision. Plenty of this with no downside I am aware of.

Hands down my best modification in terms of drivability.

Anyone wanting to try before you buy, I'd happily let you drive my car to experience the benefits. Just need to meet up. :yes:

Thanks Peter thats very helpful to know. I would just hate to spoil what is already a great car, having made a mistake previously.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:35 PM, Peter P18 said:

SRD in Sussex?

Lee fitted mine for me. :thumbup1:

Hoping he'll do my PPE header install as well. :smile:

Just to say I had my USRS fitted by SRD yesterday - great shop and very professional, so can recommend these guys.  I'm not sure I'd describe the different in normal driving as 'night and day' with the USRS fitted, but the steering certainly feels more precise and stable and it is just great to know I have had this key mod done.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. Still not found the time to have mine fitted. She's back at Lexus Monday for her 'BIG' 6th Service and hoping to find a day in the not so distant future following this to have these fitted, the inside edges of my tyres now looking decidedly second hand.

4 hours ago, Grey One said:

Just to say I had my USRS fitted by SRD yesterday - great shop and very professional, so can recommend these guys.  I'm not sure I'd describe the different in normal driving as 'night and day' with the USRS fitted, but the steering certainly feels more precise and stable and it is just great to know I have had this key mod done.

Glad you liked SRD James. :thumbup1:

Will hopefully be getting them to install my PPE headers at some point soon. That way they will have the experience needed to do other header installs for IS-F owners in the future.

Really did like the service/experience of working with them. Good guys for sure. :smile:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Result, finally found the time to have the USRS fitted and a Hunter Alignment. Livened up the steering with a more direct less laggy feel, no more tugging or wandering from the steering wheel under hard braking, its still not an M3 but cartainly feels a great improvement. Hard to quantify but there may be a little more input through the cabin on high frequency suspension inputs like concrete motorways but otherwise no decernable changes to comfort. Very happy and should get rid of my shocking inner edge tyre wear. Now for the new Conti's...

Few more miles under my belt now (just under 500 or so) and I've found the biggest improvement is the just off centre wheel feel, where it was numb with literally nothing happening around centre the wheel weights up absolutely immediately now, not a hint of lag or slack, its a lovely feeling. Love it.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but did you guys ever manage to sort out a group buy for these? Didn't have my F at the time else I would have put my name down!
I'd be interested in a set if anyone has any, or there is a group buy arranged. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but did you guys ever manage to sort out a group buy for these? Didn't have my F at the time else I would have put my name down!
I'd be interested in a set if anyone has any, or there is a group buy arranged. Cheers.

Was thinking about it but the price shot up post brexitx vote and it didn't really move on from there. Also a consideration that it would make the ride a tad harder, I didn't take it further. Would be worth looking at the prices though out of interest.

No not too bad and I'm sure there could be a decent saving on the $60/70 shipping if group buy. I'm unsure about the mod.....Better driving feel vs potentially harder ride. 

I think the benefits of reduced tyre wear, better steering feel and greater stability (under braking for example) outweigh any added stiffness, which is said to be very minor.

4 hours ago, Toothy said:

I think the benefits of reduced tyre wear, better steering feel and greater stability (under braking for example) outweigh any added stiffness, which is said to be very minor.

True, good point, forgot about the tyre wear. I would be on the maybe list for a group but probably later this year. 

Always been interested in this tyre wear talk, mines on Bridgestones it's done 9k  in my hands 17.5k since they were fitted all four at the same time, there is just under 5mm left back and front and wait for it across the full breadth of all four tyres.

Now I use the car in the way it was intended, so am a little surprised at the problems some get.

Had this very conversation in the pub last night with @Chuckie478 off of here another Silver 'F' bloke so I'm wondering was it the Guinness or do Silver ones track truer so to speak 😂

Big Rat

When I got my car it went straight to Lexus for a health check, MOT and warranty. Lexus missed it!!??? (concerning) but both front tyres had worn on the inside and we're MOT failures. The rest of the tyre/s had loads of tread.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

When I got my car it went straight to Lexus for a health check, MOT and warranty. Lexus missed it!!??? (concerning) but both front tyres had worn on the inside and we're MOT failures. The rest of the tyre/s had loads of tread.

@emjay82

Mark

The four spare wheels I bought recently just look at the tread on the fronts inside edge down to the cords remainder 6mm, it just a waste not checking your tyres before any journey, takes seconds and after all it's the only contact you have with the road, might as well make iIMG_2474.JPGIMG_2475.JPGt the full breadth of the tyre 😂

Big Rat

Wow wasn't that bad, the previous owner (from this forum) assumed the tyres were fine based on the outer and inner tread, as did I when I collected the car. He missed it, I missed it, Lexus missed it but Halfords MOT found it 😁 😁.  Now I have lots of tyres, 4 x summer, 4 x winter. I haven't noticed any inner wear but I'm only pottering around my village most of the time doing 30. If I notice the wear again these USRS could be well worth the spend. 

Worth every penny in my opinion guys.

Transformed the handling on mine. Need a proper LSD at some point soon, but busy getting the performance mods fitted first.

Should have my PPE headers, PPE mid-pipe with hi-flow race cat's, tuned RR-Racing intake, and the RR-Racing tune all fitted in the next month or so.

Their USRS kit is really good though. Still on the MPSS tires I bought when I fitted my new wheels 2yrs ago! Granted it's not a daily driver, but the wear is spot on across the full tread. Think the nitrogen helps, but there really isn't a lot of stiffness/firmer ride with these. 

Anyone with the earlier suspension setup should 100% swap it out for the later setup, or BC, KW, Penske's. That was another noticeable improvement for my car.

Hoping my bonus will stretch enough to add some two piece rotors, larger 4 pot rear calipers, and new pads as well.

That just leaves the LSD, and supercharger kit! :thumbsup::biggrin:

• Like 2

I've not noticed any uneven tyre wear on my standard 2011 and I do 20k a year on it.

Well maybe the rear tyres wore through a bit faster than the front for a while after I decided I really didn't like the Vredsteins I inherited with a spare set of wheels I bought. Obviously an issue with the tyres...

I'm wondering if Lexus revised these bushes as part of all the other suspension updates they made.
Tyres did wear more unevenly on my dad's '08, but less so on his/mine '11. You'd think the type of driving would be comparable.
Either that or the bushes soften with age and start wearing tyres more on older cars.
Appears the RC (and RCF) see the same issue.

On 10/03/2017 at 7:48 AM, JonP said:

I've not noticed any uneven tyre wear on my standard 2011 and I do 20k a year on it.

Well maybe the rear tyres wore through a bit faster than the front for a while after I decided I really didn't like the Vredsteins I inherited with a spare set of wheels I bought. Obviously an issue with the tyres...

On 10/03/2017 at 9:20 AM, Toothy said:

I'm wondering if Lexus revised these bushes as part of all the other suspension updates they made.
Tyres did wear more unevenly on my dad's '08, but less so on his/mine '11. You'd think the type of driving would be comparable.
Either that or the bushes soften with age and start wearing tyres more on older cars.
Appears the RC (and RCF) see the same issue.

I haven't noticed this on my 2011 model either, but then i'm only doing about 2k a year and the car has only done 11.5k in total so not really a surprise.

I was seriously considering getting the US RS's last year, but never have shipped anything from the US and now with brexit I have to say i've been stalling.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DAW said:

I haven't noticed this on my 2011 model either, but then i'm only doing about 2k a year and the car has only done 11.5k in total so not really a surprise.

I was seriously considering getting the US RS's last year, but never have shipped anything from the US and now with brexit I have to say i've been stalling.

David 

Is yours still under warranty, I've discussed a few things with Lexus warranty on the phone and apart from exhaust back boxes everything else I mentioned is a no no computer says invalidates 😂

🐀

• Like 1