Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ref my post about the golf tee.... open the rcf bonnet.  On the left hand side there is a square box with a small flexible pipe about as thick as a pencil.  Pull the pipe off the box and insert a golf tee (long plastic type) up the pipe.  Now your rcf sounds louder.  

The box has a flap which normally opens at around 4000 rpm under heavy throttle... like the isf...which gives the extra growl we all love.. 

With the golf tee inserted into the flexible pipe the flap remains open at all rpm...

Had mine in place for 30k mikes with no discernable side effects other than being able to wake the neighbours up more easily... 

I'm not a golfist, so used a sharpened pencil.  It seems to work. And since the pencil was picked up at some conference centre,  I've saved the 20p 

On 05/09/2017 at 7:38 AM, Comedian said:

2013 isf still appearing on market above 30. This should hold rc-f prices up. I looked at the Croydon one but black paint and red interior turned me off. I think some combinations will be more sought after than others. We all know the trials of looking after black paint. I wonder if they tried a quick sale, didn't get it and decided to hold for better price instead. It seemed like a temporary 4k drop, maybe to solve a cash or stock problem which went away.

Interested in the aos kit. Is there a link? Having trouble finding it. Don't need more power for road use. Everlasting tyres and a magic petrol tank would be my preferred upgrades :D

Having said that I do like a nice exhaust system, for looks and sound even if performance is same. Have to pass emissions tests though.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

To be fair, the price of the IS-F is fairly reasonable considering WBAC would pay £28k for it but its full of buffer trails!

Someone would need to really really want it over an RC-F to go for it though.

On 28/10/2017 at 5:59 PM, rayaans said:

To be fair, the price of the IS-F is fairly reasonable considering WBAC would pay £28k for it but its full of buffer trails!

Someone would need to really really want it over an RC-F to go for it though.

Seems somebody wanted that is-F as of 5pm 301017 it’s not  on the website, just leaving @Mark G old is-F at Cheltenham, who incidentally having had it now for well over 2 weeks still haven’t uploaded any pictures 🙄

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Seems somebody wanted that is-F as of 5pm 301017 it’s not  on the website, just leaving @Mark G old is-F at Cheltenham, who incidentally having had it now for well over 2 weeks still haven’t uploaded any pictures 🙄

Big Rat

I wouldn't be surprised if they've lodged it off to another dealer within their group or through auction

They're offloading a 17 plate RX450h with 3k miles on it in Bridgewater for unknown reasons. Will prob be snapped up by another Lexus dealer and sold on the forecourt

Ah yes the vagaries of the motor trade, I owned an M3 Csl some years ago first saw it  in a BMW dealer in Birmingham couple of thousand miles on the clock exact spec I wanted, but to much money at 35k, I waited and waited and as you described with the RX450h the car went to BMW Cardiff where I got for 30.5K luck of the draw some times I accept.

Big Rat

• 1 year later...

Wow just come on here being nosey and noticed that rcflondon, I have your car lol

i brought it about 4 months ago 

I never new it had a new  exhaust  Fitted to it! But does sound amazing 

I’m more shocked I found my a picture of my car on here from a previous owner 😅