Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Ive had my RC F carbon for almost 2 months now, and Im thinking of getting it remapped,

does anyone know of someone providing that in the UK (prefer London area)?

I want to see how much more power I can get out, obviously nothing stupid that will burn my tyres out but a moderate remap

10 hours ago, r1sh12 said:

Hi all,

Ive had my RC F carbon for almost 2 months now, and Im thinking of getting it remapped,

does anyone know of someone providing that in the UK (prefer London area)?

I want to see how much more power I can get out, obviously nothing stupid that will burn my tyres out but a moderate remap

Cant be done - ECU is under lockdown and hasnt been cracked

Even if it was, you'd maybe get 10-20hp, nothing that would be noticeable at all.

Remember that this is a naturally aspirated engine - no bolted turbochargers and hence not much you can do. AFAIK the 5.0l engine is almost at its peak power output anyway. Its almost at the same power output as the E60 M5 with a 5.0l NA V10 (500hp)

5 hours ago, r1sh12 said:

Fair enough :(

I thought this engine was shared from the 4x4 - which I have seen remapped and it had 530 bhp.

but fair enough

Which 4x4 is this? The engine is only shared with the GS-F and is a derivative from the IS-F. AFAIK its not in any other vehicles in the Lexus lineup

You would still be able to use a piggy back. Try speaking to TDI in Lakeside they have plenty of experience doing this sort of thing.

Let us know if you go ahead as I'd be interested to see what gains you get. Better than just speculating.

On 25/06/2016 at 2:51 PM, rayaans said:

Which 4x4 is this? The engine is only shared with the GS-F and is a derivative from the IS-F. AFAIK its not in any other vehicles in the Lexus lineup

Its the big toyota/Lexus 4x4's in the middle east. im 95% sure its the same engine

On 26/06/2016 at 1:01 AM, Martin F said:

You would still be able to use a piggy back. Try speaking to TDI in Lakeside they have plenty of experience doing this sort of thing.

Let us know if you go ahead as I'd be interested to see what gains you get. Better than just speculating.

Ok yeah I will give them a shout as soon as I get back home.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have fitted a Meisershaft 2 stage CAT Back exhaust system that I imported from the US. Make the car sound amazing and get you and extra 50 BHP. if you want more power this is on way of doing it.

20151208_151342.jpg

20160423_081907.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Verbout said:

50 more horses from fitting an exhaust? Really!

Maybe he means "sounds like 50 more HP". I would say even 5 extra HP from exhaust alone would be optimistic.

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Maybe he means "sounds like 50 more HP". I would say even 5 extra HP from exhaust alone would be optimistic.

I would agree, very very very optimistic :lol: when I say "very very very optimistic" I mean "incorrect" 

Totally understand the scepticism...

Check out their website..look at their dyno tests and video.

They are high end manufacturers of these systems. Remember this is a full stage 2 system with the 2nd stage CAT removed and running all the way from the manifold, not just a set of rear boxes.

http://gthaus.com/product/lexus-rc-series-2014-rc-f-v8/

Having owned 4 Lexus V8's (SC430,  2 x IS-F's and the RC-F) I know these engines well. The car is transformed with this new system, especially in the higher part of the rev range.

Anyway it is what it is.....

It is not reassuring, website doesn't provide any evidence expect of statement if you choose GTS option - "ample performance gains across the board". There is one universal rule with exhaust modification - they only work with other modifications. If it would be possible to gain power from simply replacing exhaust, then why not to remove it all together? However from experience we know that for some reason cars loses HP from completely straight pipes or without any pipes at all, unless something else is generating that extra need for exhaust flow. That said - exhaust is important part of tuning car and it is to accommodate other modifications, but it doesn't add (much, if any) performance itself.

It is only possible to get extra HP from exhaust when it is in fact bottleneck for car performance and you have extra intake which has nowhere to go, but this is not the case as all above engines are naturally aspirated. That said almost none of naturally aspirated engines can benefit from exhaust unless other modifications are done. When I say other modifications .. it is usually forced induction and complete remap. Remap as we know is not really possible on RC-F, unless some aftermarket ECU's are used (I am not aware one exists for RC-F.. but maybe some of universal stuff can be adapted).

Only if you have modified intake (like high flow air filter and other components) and you already have 2HP added from that, then you can as well "free-up" your exhaust with above and get extra 10HP from combination of these 2 modifications.That said figures I can believe (unless some kind of forced induction are on the table) are 5HP from modified intake and 5HP from modified exhaust, but that is very optimistic assumption and most likely will only happen because ECU going to detect some "breathing space" and make timing more aggressive. Equally, if not done properly it will upset everything and for that 2% of benefit you will be burning extra 10% of petrol. 

50HP is completely different story altogether. I understand that on BMW M4 - you take turbo'ed engine, replace turbo with bigger one and more boost, you replace exhaust at the same time with less restrictive one...  50HP guaranteed, depending on how mad you went with turbo you might even do +400HP, but the performance generator is turbo, not the pipes behind the engine. But it is clear RC-F is not the same, no turbo to replace to begin with - so where the extra induction is coming from? If everything else is stock, there is no way exhaust can add anything except sound. So 50HP are either joke, or car is much heavier modified than just exhaust. 50HP sounds like extensive engine redesign with turbos or compressors for $7000 to say the least, not $1400 stainless steel pipes.

Now how do you measure that 50 HP increase? is that 50 WHP? As Rayaan you can only see that on dyno, but then you should have tried that before and after to see the difference. My personal advise - if you happy with what you have and you truly believe the extra sound adds 50HP, don't go near dyno as you will be disappointed. Sometimes there are thing which are better left unknown.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest....

1. How much did the pipes cost to get delivered to your door?

2. Is there any drone at 2k revs with these on?

3. have you now removed the golf tee from the air pipe (if you previously did that awesome 20 pence modification ?

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

Good to see this discussion continued,

rcflondon - 50 hp? did anything else get changed? like air filters, cam heads? Without changing those bits, its highly unlikely to get extra 50hp.

And could you kindly record some video of start up and driving around in various gears/modes?

Sorry for the super delay in replying, Ive been out of the country for work and just got back to London.

Thx in adv.

On 30/06/2016 at 8:15 AM, r1sh12 said:

Its the big toyota/Lexus 4x4's in the middle east. im 95% sure its the same engine

Just wanted to respond on the different topic which I missed (50hp thing is just so "attractive", I missed everything else).

I am certain that you are referring to Lexus GX, which is available in US and Middle East and it is basically Toyota Landcruiser with Lexus badge. Sadly engine is not the same, but it is true it is variant of same engine.

Indeed IS-F, GS-F and RC-F (and soon LC500) uses same, but differently tuned 5.0L 2UR-GSE

What you refering to is either 4.6L 1UR-FE, as in GS, LS, GX460 or 5.7L 3UR-FE used in GX570.

Physically closest engine to 5.0L 2UR-GSE is 5.0L 2UR-FSE from Lexus LS 600h which is the same engine but optimised for lower power and more efficient use together with hybrid gear.

• 1 month later...

50bhp from an exhaust mod alone sounds a bit too much. as already confirm the RC-F is already highly tuned from the factory squeezing nearly 500bhp from the 5 litre engine its factory exhausts are not that restricted in terms of flow rate. 10-20bhp thats if you lucky but as already said without getting the before and after dyno figures you wouldn't really know.  why would you want more power any way? you are running at nearly 500 bhp!! use 97-99ron fuel and drive in sport/manual mode more often... I know sometimes the extra sound from a new exhaust gives the notion the car is now going faster than before but not 50 bhp more

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Late to the party (as always!), but I presume everyone is now fully familiar with the offerings from Rafi and Simon over at RR-Racing in Pennsylvania?

I use these guys extensively on my IS-F, and wanted to make sure you all know they have similar mods available for the RC-F platform as well.

Seems like the oil in the intake is also an issue for the RC-F, so I would certainly recommend the AOS kit even if you don't do anything else.

Preventative maintenance that will offer peace of mind for sure. :yes:

With prices on the RC-F now in the mid-30's range, it's getting to be a tempting step up from the IS-F. I'm guessing they may drop to the high 20's by this time next year. Not good for current owners, but good for those waiting to take the step up to a newer platform. No one can argue the interior is certainly a much nicer place to be than the IS-F. Having spent some time with a few modified RC-F's in the States, I should add they are very tuneable, and have a few nice additions that would be welcomed over the IS-F. :thumbsup:

Do we know how many RC-F's were sold over here in the end? Guessing not many with the harsh reviews (same thing happened with the IS-F).

How about tuned RC-F's? Anyone know of any terrorising UK roads?!?!

If you guys ever want any help on the tuning front, please let me know. Happy to try and help get you guys whatever you need in terms of support from the US market.

All the best,

Pete :cool:

Hi Peter, what increase in power are they getting in the US for the RCF? 

According to "how many left" website there are 174 RCF registered compared to 214 ISF's.

Been following the prices for RCF and the cheapest one(Lexus Croydon) was 34K but the same car is now advertised at 38K, so not sure what's going on there...

• 2 months later...

Usually the secondary cats are the most restrictive part of the exhaust system so whilst refraining from quantifying bhp gains, there will be some increase in power if removing the secondary cats when replacing the exhaust. 

2013 isf still appearing on market above 30. This should hold rc-f prices up. I looked at the Croydon one but black paint and red interior turned me off. I think some combinations will be more sought after than others. We all know the trials of looking after black paint. I wonder if they tried a quick sale, didn't get it and decided to hold for better price instead. It seemed like a temporary 4k drop, maybe to solve a cash or stock problem which went away.

Interested in the aos kit. Is there a link? Having trouble finding it. Don't need more power for road use. Everlasting tyres and a magic petrol tank would be my preferred upgrades :D

Having said that I do like a nice exhaust system, for looks and sound even if performance is same. Have to pass emissions tests though.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Corrado said:

Usually the secondary cats are the most restrictive part of the exhaust system so whilst refraining from quantifying bhp gains, there will be some increase in power if removing the secondary cats when replacing the exhaust. 

Both exhaust manifolds are one of the main bottle necks on the 2urgse, especially the driverside were its   "hammer modified" to avoid the steering link. its down to below 2" in one spot there.  If anyne has held a set of uk manifolds they will agree they look like a total after thought when it came to design and performance. FLow wise just removing the secondarys and running a true dual system eliminating rear crossover makes a big noticeable difference in mid range power delivery.

18889127_1028206533948387_3005659358311743488_n.jpg