Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Voice Recognition Training

I've watched videos on Voice Recognition Training,  but the training option does not show on my screen. I have a 450h F Sport. Anyone else with this. The car has never had a software update.

Current shape. The videos are here:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/related-videos.do

One of the videos details voice training, you are given ten phrases to say back.  I'm beginning to think this may only be available on US systems on 'Enform' equipped cars.

1 hour ago, mick4545 said:

Current shape. The videos are here:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/related-videos.do

One of the videos details voice training, you are given ten phrases to say back.  I'm beginning to think this may only be available on US systems on 'Enform' equipped cars.

Not available in the UK......

35 minutes ago, mick4545 said:

I know Enform is not available in the UK, do you mean voice training is also not available?

Yes, both. The voice training seems to only be on cars with Enform

Hmmm... I'm sure my Yorkshire accent is just as difficult for the machine to understand as a Southern US redneck. Especially when I shout and swear at it.

Here's another one: WiFi. The car does not have a dedicated WiFi module but it can create a WiFi hotspot with an Iphone. When I picked the car up they tried to set it up but could not. There's a greyed out WiFi icon on screen so it can be done. Any ideas?

If it's like the IS then you need to power on the wifi first - a setting somewhere.

Personally I don't bother and just use Bluetooth to tether to my Iphone. For the Iphone to allow wifi tethering you need to go into hotspot settings for it to become visible which is too much hassle, with Bluetooth it will just allow the connection automatically without having to touch the phone.

To answer my own question: It's O2's fault. I'm on PAYG and they don't allow tethering or WiFi hotspot on that plan.

No great loss, I would hardly every use it anyway, it was just bugging me that I couldn't get it to work.

On 28 June 2016 at 6:53 PM, mick4545 said:

Yes, but that solution won't allow iPads and the like to access the internet on the move.

I'd use Bluetooth for the vehicle, which will work every time you start the vehicle without having to touch your phone and enable wifi hotspot on the phone for the times when people also want to connect other devices. The Iphone typically limits you to five concurrently connected devices but I believe this can be carrier controlled.

I've never really understood why the carriers either stop you, or want to charge you extra, for tethering. They make money when you use data so they should encourage you to use more.