Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UCF10 Remote Key Replacement

Hi All,

After a full 5 months of constant pestering, I have FINALLY got my spare key and Remote Locking key from the previous owner!

However, the key is missing the main rubber section of the remote button, you can insert another key to touch the recessed button but that's hardly convenient.

As of yet, I haven't found any replacements (aftermarket or Lexus) for the early Single Button keys, only the multi-button versions. I seem to have all the keys I need - 2x Ignition, 1xDoor, 1xDoor + Remote AND I also have the stamped key tag with the ID number on it.

I suppose the questions I have are:

1. Does anyone know where to get an original blank, single button remote key?

2. How do I get it programmed?

3. If I can't get a Single button, would a reprogrammed multi button work?

Many Thanks in advance :)

Matt

That's the one, mine developed a crack in the casing some time ago managed to repair it or so I thought only for the glued bit to break again sending the push button into space never to be found again, is that one a spare for sale?

Exactly that Amber, mine has cracked and dropped the main button. It doesn't bother me too much tbh, I might just try sticking some rubber down on top of the original button for now.

I really didn't spend much on the car in the first place and the New Lexus Key Cut/Reprogram sounds like more than I spent on the car :')

• Like 1

Here's an afterthought - I have a spare key which I keep as my original is damaged.

In the drawer where its kept I noticed an ear plug.  I tried to open the spare key but even though the screw was removed it didn't seem to want to budge and I didn't want to break it,  so not tried this.

My thinking was that you may be able to modify a plug by cutting off below the first cap leaving a short stem to reach the contact point.

ps from China so not quick delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10PCS-Safety-Soft-Silicone-Corded-Ear-Cor-Reusable-Hearing-Protection-Ear-Plugs-/401144565984?hash=item5d661450e0:g:qAkAAOSweW5VIzgg 

8 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Here's an afterthought - I have a spare key which I keep as my original is damaged.

In the drawer where its kept I noticed an ear plug.  I tried to open the spare key but even though the screw was removed it didn't seem to want to budge and I didn't want to break it,  so not tried this.

My thinking was that you may be able to modify a plug by cutting off below the first cap leaving a short stem to reach the contact point.

ps from China so not quick delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10PCS-Safety-Soft-Silicone-Corded-Ear-Cor-Reusable-Hearing-Protection-Ear-Plugs-/401144565984?hash=item5d661450e0:g:qAkAAOSweW5VIzgg 

Cheers for the thought, I went down a similar route with mine today.
I cut the end off a plastic pipette and hot glued it to the remaining button, it isn't pretty but it works for now. Might see about 3d printing a hard plastic button to fill the gap better and look a little less...jerry rigged.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links