Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was driving back to UK in the E Class Estate and was to spend my first night at Hotel Area Tudanca Aranda. I was on the M30, one of several concentric routes through to the A l in the direction of Burgos.

I was in the second from the right of 4 lanes when I noticed a dark blue Peugeot 406? saloon approaching my rear.It was flashing its lights at me and indicating that I was to pull over and stop. It had three people inside including the driver.All were dressed in blue.I continued along and it came alongside me, all hazard lights flashing and the person in the passenger seat beckoned me to pull over and flashed an official looking badge in the side window. I continued to drive normally, so he overtook me and slowed down in front of me, lights still flashing.. I pulled out into the third lane amongst heavy and fast moving traffic and accelerated so as to maintain my place in the new lane.
The Peugeot then gave up the chase and left the M30 via a slip road.

The event was a little disconcerting and most unexpected. I reported matters to my Hotel and was told that it is quite common for thugs to impersonate Police vehicles and mug unsuspecting foreign tourists.
The purpose of this note is to make all of you who travel abroad, especially into Spain aware of the incident and to advise you to be prepared, in so far as you can, for similar incidents.

Regards

John

• Like 1