Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning all,

As some of you may have seen in another thread, i'm after an Auto IS250 (ideally SE-L), but most of them are down south.

This has come up on my doorstep about 20mins away, so going to pop down and take a look tomorrow

http://www.dronfieldmotorcompany.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-is-250-2-5-se-4dr-dronfield-201607075629284

It's not an SE-L, but the mileage is low and hopefully i can negotiate on price if i like it.  My question is, with 59k on the clock, i'm aware that the 60k service is a big one. Given it has full dealer service history, am i correct in assuming this should have already been done, as it's 60k or 6 years, whichever is first, so it should have been done a couple of years ago?

I will more than likely hang fire as i'd like an SE-L or an SE with MM, but no harm in looking.

cheers

Ask the seller which Lexus dealer did the recent servicing then ring the Lexus dealer and speak to the service department. They're usually quite helpful in my experience and will confirm if/when the 60K service was done. 

Hard to say, It might be done and might not.

From my personal experience I would be careful with the line "brought from dealer". Now lets think what that means for 59k miles car - somebody drive it up to 59k miles and went to main dealer for 60k service, when they got the estimated bill (~2k), they trade in the car, possible got good deal on upgrade on something like "used approved" IS300h.

I might be completely wrong. But once again - FLSH means nothing, you need to check what is in every service invoice and see what was actually done. Check what parts were changed, if there were no advisories left for long time and especially in last available service invoice. Even if 60k done, then check if nothing was left out.

I might sound like paranoid and it might be car in perfect condition, but is better to check.

Like when I bough my car it was FLSH and it was as well - "brought from dealer". It was 6k since the last service and it was exactly the case of person coming for next service and he did P/X without doing it, that was because he needed front rotors and pads replacements, all new tires Which alone is like £700 + service. On the other side I can see that all the parts previously were replaced and each service before were ~£1.2k on average. As well the dealer who sold it to me did standard service before transferring the car to me (like oils filters, safety check). So I got them to reduce the price to reflect the parts needing replacement and then I have done all replacements myself after buying the car.

10 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Ask the seller which Lexus dealer did the recent servicing then ring the Lexus dealer and speak to the service department. They're usually quite helpful in my experience and will confirm if/when the 60K service was done.

That as well. But as I said.. service done is just a stamp in the book + oil/filters. It doesn't mean that advisory items were replaced as well.