Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rotten cat flanges and y piece exhaust sorted

Had this done today to get rid of my exhaust blowing where the cats join the y piece of the exhaust , both where rotted to nothing .flanges where cut off and stainless pipes welded to cats , then a new y piece made in stainless and slides over the two pipes from cat . Excellent job cost me £200.

IMAG1736.jpg

IMAG1735.jpg

IMAG1734.jpg

IMAG1733.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Woods4900 said:

Of course I was not sure if I could .

westgate tyres ,  Morecambe , you can google them , they have a website . 

Great info, well done!

What a fantastic job - and price! No mention of welding on their website - was it a favour? 

If they seem happy to do this job for others then maybe a couple of days in Morecombe later in the year will be on the cards.

Did you stay on site while they did the job? How long did it take?

They also come under powerflow exhausts morecambe on Google .

Popped into to see him this morning and he will be happy to do them for £200 for everyone else . Took him about 3 hours he said but I would allow 5 to be safe .

It's a cheap fix if you have rotted out cat flanges and I know with being in the motor trade that you can only buy that exhaust y piece from Lexus £££s .

Also nice that it is now in stainless like the rest of the system .

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info, I think all members will agree we have been waiting for some time to find a company offering a decent repair solution at a reasonable price for this problem.

Now get in an orderly queue, no pushing or shoving in :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woods4900 said:

They also come under powerflow exhausts morecambe on Google .

Popped into to see him this morning and he will be happy to do them for £200 for everyone else . Took him about 3 hours he said but I would allow 5 to be safe .

It's a cheap fix if you have rotted out cat flanges and I know with being in the motor trade that you can only buy that exhaust y piece from Lexus £££s .

Also nice that it is now in stainless like the rest of the system .

Shush - keep yur voice down!!

Are Grove Garage in Hove / Brighton still the LOC unofficial preferred garage for exhaust repairs in the south? 

I'm due to collect my LS from Japex tomorrow and there was an adviory on the MOT "offside front Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases" so I was going to pop down there.

Otherwise, based on Darren's post I might need to make a trip to Lancashire! Looks like a great job :cool:

They did mine a couple of years back, great job done, I would definitely recommend them. I think they have a new premises which is much better for space.

7 hours ago, MHT said:

Are Grove Garage in Hove / Brighton still the LOC unofficial preferred garage for exhaust repairs in the south? 

I'm due to collect my LS from Japex tomorrow and there was an adviory on the MOT "offside front Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases" so I was going to pop down there.

Otherwise, based on Darren's post I might need to make a trip to Lancashire! Looks like a great job :cool:

As Mike says, they moved from Hove to Brighton where they have much better premises, no longer do they have to do a 30 point turn to get in.  The owner is a Lexus driver himself which is always a good sign!  I've always been very happy with their work.

A very impressive job by the guys in Morecombe and a really good price too. Thanks for sharing this info with the rest of us.

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from France today with flanges blowing despite Wynns sealant applied pre trip.

So when recovered may take a trip North sometime. 

Quick Q. presuemably they cut out the Lambda sensor mounts from the original pipes and just welded them in to a cut out area in the new pipes?  Save the problem of unscrewing and/or disconnecting the wiring? Is that how it is done?

How are you finding the quietness of your LS ?    

No the lambda sensors where un screwed, there is enough length on the wires to avoid disconnection as the join is under the carpets . New lambda sensor mounts  are fitted .he said he had all the tools taps , thread cutters etc if there was any problems with the lambda sensors . My Lexus is now silent .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had my exhaust Y pipe replaced by Powerflow Ipswich today.  Car sounds so much quieter.  Feeling right chuffed driving home, only marred by a stone being thrown up by Car coming in opposite direction putting a bullet hole in the Windscreen. Fortunately it didn't smash and have repaired with a kit.  Had to repair one only a couple of months ago.  This time I was the target !

Job done for same price as thread starter.  GOOD GUYS THESE POWERFLOW PEOPLE !

(well done Darren for profiling the job)

• Like 1

It is good to know that different Powerflow branches can do it for the same price. I have just looked for the nearest ones to me - Wolverhampton and Tamworth, both within 10 miles - so I will know where to go when the time comes. Surprisingly, the Wynn's sealant is still holding up on both of my cars ... but no doubt the time will come when it fails.

• 7 months later...