Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F-Sport arrived..

It looks superb, brilliant choice. :wink3:

Still a while until mine arrives but, SWMBO is away in Spain this last week so been taking full advantage of hers :whistling:

IMG_20160708_204346.jpg

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  Roll on Monday 

On 08/07/2016 at 8:40 PM, tayaste said:

Thanks all,  I can't wait.  Weekends always fly by normally with the kids so not felt like it's dragged especially thankfully.   Today might though but it won't be long now. 

I am a little worried about keeping the car from scratches and wheel damage as I've read the wheels are easily curbed.   Have previously discussed the rim protectors available but have discarded this idea over just getting them smart repaired or refurbished.   

Will try and just enjoy the car for now and be ultra careful around curbs! 

24 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Sitting in the Lexus dealer waiting to drive this away.  No big unveil but it is just me and VERY excited to take a closer look. 

IMG_20160711_151022.jpg

I feel like ive got Vertigo looking at that picture!

How did you manage to get that effect? lol

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

I feel like ive got Vertigo looking at that picture!

How did you manage to get that effect? lol

Not sure what you mean.   Very happy though, just need some quality time with her,    maybe tomorrow whilst I work from home :) 

3 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Not sure what you mean.   Very happy though, just need some quality time with her,    maybe tomorrow whilst I work from home :) 

All the other cars are making me dizzy almost like there's a silhouette of them slightly higher than the cars themselves! 

Maybe it's just me ha!

7 minutes ago, rayaans said:

All the other cars are making me dizzy almost like there's a silhouette of them slightly higher than the cars themselves! 

Maybe it's just me ha!

I see what you mean now,  just opened this on my laptop instead of my phone and the background does look a bit weird.  It's probably because I took the shot through the glass windows in the showroom.   

So it's dark now and really it's bed time and haven't spent much time in the car but have registered on the Lexus Customer Portal and noticed there is an update for the route guidance.  Is this just a routine update to maps and speed cameras or something more significant?

Capture.PNG

17 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I see what you mean now,  just opened this on my laptop instead of my phone and the background does look a bit weird.  It's probably because I took the shot through the glass windows in the showroom.   

So it's dark now and really it's bed time and haven't spent much time in the car but have registered on the Lexus Customer Portal and noticed there is an update for the route guidance.  Is this just a routine update to maps and speed cameras or something more significant?

Capture.PNG

Depends on what software you are on now, you should be able to find it under Setup

18 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Depends on what software you are on now, you should be able to find it under Setup

Will pop out and take a look after dinner

3 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Will pop out and take a look after dinner

The latest update available is VD12103A.  I've just done mine.

You can find all the info you need to do it here.....

Quite a number of us have done it.  unfortunately it doesn't include a map update, those are stupidly expensive from Lexus

Looks like it's already been done.  So the update on the Custom portal is for Route guidance and traffic but looks like it's at least a year old judging by the install pdf.   Wonder if that's already been done at the factory too.   Anyone know how I could check? 

IMG_20160712_234320.jpg

Screenshot_2016-07-12-23-44-26.png

Not sure if I've read you right but I can tell you that this latest update (VD12103A) was issued in May this year.  The install instructions you have looked at were provided for previous updates too.  You will find that the instruction will almost certainly be the same for use with future updates.

Apologies if I have misunderstood what you were saying. (I am a wrinkley!)

• Like 1

The update available on the Lexus customer portal is different to the update for the VD12103A firmware update that I already have. Says it's for "Route guidance and traffic information optimisations" .   @Ron W mentions it below.