Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How do you guys regiester your car for lexus to know?

I did lexus recall check and it says there is a recall. But it doesn't say what it is.

I do not have a local lexus dealership. Have a Toyota. Will they fix it? 

You don't need to register. As long as the DVLA know you are the registered keeper, then any recall notices will be sent to you.

I don't know if a Toyota dealer will do the work. I suspect not. 

I expect they will let you have a loan car for the day and on the last recall, they put £25 worth of fuel in the tank to compensate for inconvenience.

Well... I cannot drive for a recall 100 miles. People have jobs and weekend they are closed... 

Lexus checker says voluntary recall. Does that mean it is not important enough for them to be bothered?

So you're not really in Greater London then?

AFAIK it's a 'potential' safety issue - if the airbag deploys the inflator might send metal fragments flying into the car due to the possibility of a faulty weld during manufacture

It is important enough for them to be bothered, hence the recall. I would wait for your letter and ring Lexus to discuss. If your circumstances make it difficult to get to a Lexus agent they might be able to make arrangements. You won't know until you've spoken to them.

It's telling me it will b recalled gonna contact me again, it's dangerous if u don't get it done, letter explain it why it's important for recall to be carried out.

I believe this one is 2008-2011, so no recall for 55-57 plate. That said I didn't get mine yet either. I am sure they are cascading the recall, rather than sending all in one time.

10 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

Just have to wait now for them to contact you again 

I thought... the letter read "please contact your nearest Lexus Dealership"?

Passenger Air Bag Recall

Being inquisitive I emailed customer services at Lexus,  Hope that they do contribute for fuel as its a 60+ mile round trip and I wonder how long the fix takes to complete ?  Wife will be thrilled, it's a days shopping in the city !
 Their reply below regarding the recall :

Dear 
Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any anxiety that has been caused as a result of the news of this campaign.
I can confirm that your vehicle is subject to a recall in relation to the Passenger Front Airbag
Toyota is currently preparing the remedy for this condition. Once preparations are complete and remedy parts have been produced in sufficient quantities, Toyota will send an owner notification letter by first class post to formally notify the vehicle owners of the recall. The letter will advise owners to make an appointment at their local dealer to have the necessary work undertaken and you will, therefore, receive this within the near future.
Your nearest Lexus Centre is: