Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Step 3: Confirmation

We have identified that your Lexus is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

This can be rectified at no cost, by contacting your local Lexus Centre or call us on
0845 129 5473 to arrange a time at your convenience.

The recall check does not tell you what the nature of the recall is though, hence my email to Lexus rather than the phone call :-)

Oh yeah your right! I just meant it incase anyone wanted to know if they had any outstanding recalls on their car. Also dealerships normally tell you what the recall is when you ring them up/book it in, rang the local Toyota dealership for one of the cars last week, which also has a airbag recall!

I wanted to book my car for the fuel sensor but was told to wait for the prats for the Air bag as the dealer was aware of this second recall last month and advised me to wait.

Will call them now that I have received my letter for the air bag recall to get the car booked in to both jobs.

Will be using Lexus Sidcup as heard bad reviews of Lexus Woodford which is slightly closer to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ishaq said:

Will be using Lexus Sidcup as heard bad reviews of Lexus Woodford which is slightly closer to me.

Got my letter yesterday. Haven't even opened it.. as I know what it say anyway (thanks to iftikhar).

I am hoping to get mine done in Southend... will have few weeks of holidays in August so possibly can take the car there during the working days. Last recall from Woodford was nothing but normal, but I still have negative feeling about my service in May, hence will try different dealership this time.

• Like 1

Mine came this morning and my wife has had a recall issue for her 2013 Honda for the same issue but on the drivers airbag, probably the same component manufacturer?

Most manufacturers aren't renowned for classifying possible or actual component failure as potential safety issues (BMW power steering pumps anyone?),. I had a big argument with Ford in the 90's when my Mondeo plastic cambelt tension came apart whilst in the outside lane of the M6, wrecking the camshaft and bending a number of valves, apparently that wasn't a safety issue, having no functioning engine in the third lane on a busy motorway! I did argue the point hence and did get some compensation. I now only buy Japanese cars and would never have a car with a cam belt, chain all the way!

This airbag recall affects 1.34 million cars world wide of nearly all car manufacturers , it is quite a serious safety recall which can injure people in the car, the cylinder of compressed gas that inflates the airbag can break up and injure passengers......Google takata air bags, there is a lot of information about this world wide recall.

Allan

On 14/07/2016 at 0:11 PM, Linas.P said:

Got my letter yesterday. Haven't even opened it.. as I know what it say anyway (thanks to iftikhar).

I am hoping to get mine done in Southend... will have few weeks of holidays in August so possibly can take the car there during the working days. Last recall from Woodford was nothing but normal, but I still have negative feeling about my service in May, hence will try different dealership this time.

On 14/07/2016 at 11:56 AM, Ishaq said:

I wanted to book my car for the fuel sensor but was told to wait for the prats for the Air bag as the dealer was aware of this second recall last month and advised me to wait.

Will call them now that I have received my letter for the air bag recall to get the car booked in to both jobs.

Lexus Sicup are awesome. I now know why Lexus are rated #1 for customer service - nothing is too much trouble. I will be using them for all warranty/routine servicing work as opposed to other London dealers - I'm picking up my car on Saturday from them :)

In regards to the recall, my fuel pressure sensor gasket (thank you madasahatter for helping me remember the part name haha) was sorted today but I am on the waiting list for the airbag - could take a few months.

Has anybody had the air bag recall fixed yet ? I was told by my local Lexus dealer they would call me when the parts were in, that was 6 weeks ago, they said it would be about 4 weeks, I'm curious to know if any Lexus owners have had this work completed.

Allan

I've had my letter today for my is220d 08 reg.

My airbag warning light has been on constantly for the last 6 months. I belive it's the squib for the drivers side knee airbag 

When I take my car in for the recall do you think lexus will correct this for free or will I have to put my hand in my pocket? 

On 7/23/2016 at 10:26 PM, peachy said:

I've had my letter today for my is220d 08 reg.

My airbag warning light has been on constantly for the last 6 months. I belive it's the squib for the drivers side knee airbag 

When I take my car in for the recall do you think lexus will correct this for free or will I have to put my hand in my pocket? 

They won't fix anything except taking passenger airbag off and replacing it. However, if you mention it to them and is no big and expensive part replacement and they are in good mood that hat .. they might do it complimentary.  

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to check on this one and provide some update as well... 

Did anyone had airbag done already.. If yes how was it?

So I have received my letter back in early July (as many others)... which stated in bold - "What you should do? You don't need to take any action at the moment,"... however almost 2 month later I heard nothing from Lexus, so decided to follow this up... 

The guy on the phone said - "unfortunately we still waiting for parts, I suggest you contact your local dealer to arrange replacement as soon as they have parts"...  so basically what it says in the letter is rubbish, you have to take action if you want recall to happen, and the action is to contact your local dealer.. no less.

Ok so that is clear ... but I have found one more line on my letter which is different from the one in the picture provided by @ahmedali44 ... and it states : "A further Safety Recall remains outstanding concerning the fuel pressure sensor".. Just wonder if anyone else has this one.. and what that suppose to mean.. because my fuel sensor was done in June.

I think the problem is the manufacturer Takata , they have to supply 1.3 million air bags to resolve this problem for most of the big car factory's Toyota being  just one of many, on top of that they have got to still carry on manufacturing airbags for all the new cars being made ! I personally think we will be lucky to get the airbag replaced this side of Christmas, I still have not heard of anybody who has has this work completed or does anybody know different ?

Allan

4 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Linas P Yes i had fuel pressure sensor gasket done as have many others. Had my car full day others a few hours?? Get them both done at the

same time. Leave half a tank of fuel and they will put about 5 gallon in.

Well that is my point. I have fuel sensor done as well... but in my new recall letter it says that I need to do it again, or that there will be another recall for it in future.

It obviously can be mistake, because they might have missed that I have it done already...