Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I have just called up Lexus and they have advise me they don't have the parts for the passengers airbag once they do then they will start the recalls. 

Also so checked for any other recalls on my car and it's just the air bag. 

• 4 months later...

6 months waiting for the car airbag recall to be done also the fuel pressure sensor , as i predicted i will be lucky to get this done before xmas 2016 , maybe xmas 2017 might be a more realistic time scale , how many lexus  owners have had this work done yet and how long have you waited ????

Now they say "around March"... just not sure if they have 2017 or 2018 in mind :D

If you have fuel sensor recall pending, I would suggest to do it ASAP, because airbag one won't be soon.

Are there no time constraints on these recalls particularly if there are safety issues?

Personally I think the delays stem from Toyota Japan who limit the amount of Lexus dealers throughout the world to a point where there are insufficient service ramps and qualified technicians to do these jobs within a reasonable time.

10 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Are there no time constraints on these recalls particularly if there are safety issues?

Personally I think the delays stem from Toyota Japan who limit the amount of Lexus dealers throughout the world to a point where there are insufficient service ramps and qualified technicians to do these jobs within a reasonable time.

Well it seems like it can not be to serious. Not that many Lexus affected in Uk.

I had the letter way back in the summer for my previous is220d but heard nothing at all since. I've sold the car now.

Not had a letter though regarding my current is250 2011. Any of you guys know if this will have the airbag issue?

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I had the letter way back in the summer for my previous is220d but heard nothing at all since. I've sold the car now.

Not had a letter though regarding my current is250 2011. Any of you guys know if this will have the airbag issue?

I think it was 2006-2010 only... 

Apparently, there are no time constrains ... the Takata issue is since 2012... so at least 5 years and is still being solved. Obviously, if you would get into accident and somebody would get seriously hurt because of this issue it would be huge fallout .... but I am not sure if that helps.

I can save you some time... I did call them few times recently, Once to Lexus Woodford, then to Lexus Hedge-end, and then to Main Lexus Recall Management helpline to make complain.

Lexus Woodford estimates March

Hedge-end estimates between February and March, said to call them back in the end of January

Main helpline, said and I quote - "don't worry, this is not big issue,we will send you second letter when we have parts"...

Just phoned lexus and they appear to be as much in the dark about the situation as we do. Waiting for information from toyota apparently.  The guy I spoke to guessed april/may before the work takes place.

11 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Just phoned lexus and they appear to be as much in the dark about the situation as we do. Waiting for information from toyota apparently.  The guy I spoke to guessed april/may before the work takes place.

Did you asked him if that is 2017 he is talking about ? 

Just now, madasahatter said:

Problem is it does not only concern Lexus cars. There is loads with the same air bag system affected.

Yes and that is since 2012.... so far 5 years passed and they just about to announce the recall in UK for Lexus.

22 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Some background for you and others Rebecca.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/70346/honda-jazz-airbag-recall-

Regards

John

• Like 1

Actually, I doubt Honest John is correct... for 15 years... not really.

he could be referring to leaked e-mail from former Takata employee, stating that Takata knew about issues as long as 8 years before it became public. Now the issue became public in 2012 and first recalls started in early 2013. So issue might existed since ~2004... not really 15 years, and as we know it just 5 years. One way or another I believe companies are not doing enough to fix it in time.

I guess this is most comprehensive view of the issue:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/business/international/honda-nissan-and-mazda-join-recall-over-faulty-air-bags.html?_r=0

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Actually, I doubt Honest John is correct... for 15 years... not really.

he could be referring to leaked e-mail from former Takata employee, stating that Takata knew about issues as long as 8 years before it became public. Now the issue became public in 2012 and first recalls started in early 2013. So issue might existed since ~2004... not really 15 years, and as we know it just 5 years. One way or another I believe companies are not doing enough to fix it in time.

I guess this is most comprehensive view of the issue:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/business/international/honda-nissan-and-mazda-join-recall-over-faulty-air-bags.html?_r=0

Helpful Linas, thank you.

At least we are beginning to assemble some kind of context in which arguably perceived tardiness on the part of Lexus, by some club members can be viewed.

Regards

John