Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, leaving a tool in the car is easy to do and no harm done, so I don't mind. :smile:

Perhaps the whole dash didn't come out, but it does imply that something on the drivers side of my car was worked on.

I will admit I was a little surprised when the service guy told me it would take 5-6 hours as the dash would have to come out since, like @is200 Newbie points out, the airbag should be accessible from under the glove box.

Guess the more they are doing these the quicker they are gettin at it

Mine was a Saturday job - the service dept closes at 12:30 - got it in first thing at 9 and had a call at 11 to say it was done. Surprised at how quick it took.

Done my one today. I don't know if dash needed to come out, but I have quite a few scratches on the center console after the work. I was about to complain and say they scratched about too much, but then I realised they have not charged me for crashing completely new CT today (really...):

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATM3ZmYAZS1iNTA1LTQ1ZmItMDACLTAwCgBGAAADlex8KvofSEmfYEto9a4uAAcAhAfuhaRKLE2uAxsKca9rhgAAAgEJAAAAhAfuhaRKLE2uAxsKca9rhgABRbIcLgAAAAESABAALNfxdjigiU6l1anqu1mwJA%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=b3tkBw9ktUaicNdrHChklIBMYask79QYTdPWVyyiCRlC1PxhzfSPgfH6-Nq7Mo8zBSPV7l4pzGM.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.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.42Wb_DBUOSkDt7oO7n9pNZPUijMHxjGlcg295TvCuRWUBtycQp4LEErZ95MovffBciJfVdFBpHLCO9EMssyt--e8esFNq1jXuiEyfMECYzoaj_CUFYuK6O1eOa1CA7wmrHCUO9IiWPRGhbP9r8UTjnETJPc46BKIbIE6Liv8erNVm-lxy3hk8u6uMCD749nC-yzJkfFuDsOtqnSDFwIsQtwzMF5iH_nmNVBQaOHdY1NT91XtVkTKxE6MZklIujJT0szg8svP92EdXsPEuCx7v_bRvWsvZ3ruR2P1ijCTIG_sWWjB0gxCzdIOqtrwL12viDmsFyObQrH4lWjBx8KnQw&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Overall, Lexus Woodford were brilliant in terms of customer service this time around. I wondering if refurbishment work has impacted their service last year.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

but then I realised they have not charged me for crashing completely new CT today (really...):

Come on, you can't leave us hanging on like this.  What happened?

Ah so Lexus Woodford have the parts? Shame they didn't call me as I left my details with them and been waiting since July 2016.

will give them a call first thing tomorrow!

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Done my one today. I don't know if dash needed to come out, but I have quite a few scratches on the center console after the work. I was about to complain and say they scratched about too much, but then I realised they have not charged me for crashing completely new CT today (really...):

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATM3ZmYAZS1iNTA1LTQ1ZmItMDACLTAwCgBGAAADlex8KvofSEmfYEto9a4uAAcAhAfuhaRKLE2uAxsKca9rhgAAAgEJAAAAhAfuhaRKLE2uAxsKca9rhgABRbIcLgAAAAESABAALNfxdjigiU6l1anqu1mwJA%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=b3tkBw9ktUaicNdrHChklIBMYask79QYTdPWVyyiCRlC1PxhzfSPgfH6-Nq7Mo8zBSPV7l4pzGM.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.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.42Wb_DBUOSkDt7oO7n9pNZPUijMHxjGlcg295TvCuRWUBtycQp4LEErZ95MovffBciJfVdFBpHLCO9EMssyt--e8esFNq1jXuiEyfMECYzoaj_CUFYuK6O1eOa1CA7wmrHCUO9IiWPRGhbP9r8UTjnETJPc46BKIbIE6Liv8erNVm-lxy3hk8u6uMCD749nC-yzJkfFuDsOtqnSDFwIsQtwzMF5iH_nmNVBQaOHdY1NT91XtVkTKxE6MZklIujJT0szg8svP92EdXsPEuCx7v_bRvWsvZ3ruR2P1ijCTIG_sWWjB0gxCzdIOqtrwL12viDmsFyObQrH4lWjBx8KnQw&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Overall, Lexus Woodford were brilliant in terms of customer service this time around. I wondering if refurbishment work has impacted their service last year.

If you really did crash their car Linas, then your insurance company will be delighted to hear from you !

Regards

John

10 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Come on, you can't leave us hanging on like this.  What happened?

Not much, literally like 1 mile from dealership I was driving in lane 1 and there was a queue in lane 2 because of the cars turning right. It was 2 sets of lights and there was yellow box between the lights. Van stopped on yellow box and just exactly at the moment I was passing them, the decided to jump that queue and undertake via lane 1. I literally have no way to react as the turn in approximately into where my mirrors are... It was light contact, I believe it was only their wheel which touched the door and mirror hit some part of their car and just bend back.

The result .. there was a lot of rubber transfer on white car... some scratching and the guys from the van tried to persuade me they can can clean it off. No damage to the mirror. They started to wiping it and then I realised there slight dent on the lover part of the door, and the lower corner is slightly out. What they did they just cleaned what was clearly just some dirt from rear door.. exchanged details and left. It was clear cut their fault and they didn't try to argue about that.. not seeing white Lexus with headlight + day running LEDs on is hard thing, but they literally didn't see me.. maybe blind spot, maybe lack of concentration.

In the evening we just look to the car with service manager and they said it basically can polish out and the dent can be pulled out with paintless repair and that is end of the story.

@royoftherovers - the loan cars are insured and it was non-fault accident, why my insurance should be interested in any of that? Go troll somewhere else. 

@Ishaq - you need to call them, trust me - they won't contact you until at least end of this year, because there are a lot of cars to do, not only IS250. Those who call will get it done first.

Actually john is right, i have been in this situation and its not nice at all. You have to report all accidents whether your fault or not. If you read your insurance policy

which to be fair who does, it will more than likely state this. And also its an offence not to do so, if they dispute it is there fault. You are covered by your own 

insurance third party only, which you will find is fire and theft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Actually john is right, i have been in this situation and its not nice at all. You have to report all accidents whether your fault or not. If you read your insurance policy

which to be fair who does, it will more than likely state this. And also its an offence not to do so, if they dispute it is there fault. You are covered by your own 

insurance third party only, which you will find is fire and theft.

Was about to write the same thing, you are legally obliged to tell them even if it not your fault.

Even if you go through a none fault credit repair service, you still need to inform your insurance company and the credit repair company are legally bound to do the same.

Also you must answer yes to if you have been involved in a fault or none fault accident on insurnace quotes for the next 5 years!

• Like 1

It is reported to Lexus which is insured under Toyota Hill Group insurance policy which is in turn informed. The loan car has it's own insurance to which I have reported the damage. It is same as if I hire the car abroad and damage it - yes the rental car insurer needs to be informed... not my car insurance.

I will check my policy again, but I don't see how these two independent insurance policies can be related. In case I would be driving another car which has third party insurance and I am not named driver on it, which then effectively would be covered by my insurance policy under my name... then yes. Now the car has it's own independent insurance policy to which I am bound and not my insurance policy.

In terms of reporting it for next 5 years. That is "claims" no being involved in accidents. Again I am going to check my policy, but I am sure that is not true.

So you drove the car on there insurance only. Not herd that one, they will assume you have insurance and as i have stated you are only covered third party.

I am speaking from previous experience. And believe me i nearly got in to a right mess putting it lightly. 

I have just found this on google.It shouldnt affect your NCD as I assume the hire car co insured the vehicle hence the CDW?

You will need to declare the accident to your insurers and they may load the premium at renewal BUT your NCD will not be affected unless this car was insured under yout own policy as a TAV (temp additional vehicle)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Not much, literally like 1 mile from dealership I was driving in lane 1 and there was a queue in lane 2 because of the cars turning right. It was 2 sets of lights and there was yellow box between the lights. Van stopped on yellow box and just exactly at the moment I was passing them, the decided to jump that queue and undertake via lane 1. I literally have no way to react as the turn in approximately into where my mirrors are... It was light contact, I believe it was only their wheel which touched the door and mirror hit some part of their car and just bend back.

The result .. there was a lot of rubber transfer on white car... some scratching and the guys from the van tried to persuade me they can can clean it off. No damage to the mirror. They started to wiping it and then I realised there slight dent on the lover part of the door, and the lower corner is slightly out. What they did they just cleaned what was clearly just some dirt from rear door.. exchanged details and left. It was clear cut their fault and they didn't try to argue about that.. not seeing white Lexus with headlight + day running LEDs on is hard thing, but they literally didn't see me.. maybe blind spot, maybe lack of concentration.

In the evening we just look to the car with service manager and they said it basically can polish out and the dent can be pulled out with paintless repair and that is end of the story.

@royoftherovers - the loan cars are insured and it was non-fault accident, why my insurance should be interested in any of that? Go troll somewhere else. 

@Ishaq - you need to call them, trust me - they won't contact you until at least end of this year, because there are a lot of cars to do, not only IS250. Those who call will get it done first.

I was not Trolling Linas.You appear to be ignorant of your responsibilities.

Regards

John

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

So you drove the car on there insurance only. Not herd that one, they will assume you have insurance and as i have stated you are only covered third party.

I am speaking from previous experience. And believe me i nearly got in to a right mess putting it lightly. 

I have just found this on google.It shouldnt affect your NCD as I assume the hire car co insured the vehicle hence the CDW?

You will need to declare the accident to your insurers and they may load the premium at renewal BUT your NCD will not be affected unless this car was insured under yout own policy as a TAV (temp additional vehicle)

Your are right above, except the loan car has its own fully comprehensive cover with me being named driver on it for 1 day. As such it is not covered nor related to my car insurance, I don't need to add it as TAV unless I wanted to (in case such as my insurance terms are better).

It cannot affect my NCD, because the claim is not made, even if claim is made and it is not my fault it still won't affect my NCD. What it will affect is my premium, because why no charge mo more money right?! that is just how fraudulent insurance operates in UK...

@royoftherovers - even if you are right you are still clearly trolling... rest assured about my responsibilities... when police states that hit and run accident is not in public interest to investigate and insurance increases policy price for what not... I guess you get the message :)

Thanks Linas, will call them.

And guys just reading through the comments about insurance and laughing to myself about how much time people have on the their hands to be messaging about this and not the actual thread topic.

If Linas is saying it is sorted with Lexus then who cares.

Also I know this for a fact that your own insurance does not cover a car that is loaned or hired to you. It will only cover a privately own insured car that is given to you with the owners consent.

loaned cars have their own insurance and if they are happy with it upon return then end of story. Linas does not need to inform anyone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ishaq said:

Thanks Linas, will call them.

And guys just reading through the comments about insurance and laughing to myself about how much time people have on the their hands to be messaging about this and not the actual thread topic.

If Linas is saying it is sorted with Lexus then who cares.

Also I know this for a fact that your own insurance does not cover a car that is loaned or hired to you. It will only cover a privately own insured car that is given to you with the owners consent.

loaned cars have their own insurance and if they are happy with it upon return then end of story. Linas does not need to inform anyone.

You do not have time on your hands then. I work night so yes i am on here. all accidents have to be reported to your own insurance.

Regardless who owns the vehicle. What if he had been badly injured then.

The lack of knowledge about responsibilities and obligations upon an insured driver worries me.

The next time you take insurance cover you will be asked "Have you had an accident or claim in the past five years?" to which you MUST now answer Yes there is no way out of that I'm afraid

I also appreciate all the comments about insaurance but at the same time have been waiting for over 1 year for this air bag recall and have been following this thread since. 

I once informed my insurance company that someone has clipped my bumper with a shopping trolley. They responded but saying do you know who it was or the registration. I said no.

Then that said okay and do you want to claim, I said no as it may rub out but only telling you as it's says in my terms to inform you of everything. Thanks she says!

At renewal my insurance was refused with a new provider as I did not mention that I had a claim. I called my old insurance company and they said it's recorded as a claim with 0 payout!

Thanks to that my insurance jumped +£300 :(

So should we inform our insurance company if your not going to claim. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ishaq said:

I also appreciate all the comments about insaurance but at the same time have been waiting for over 1 year for this air bag recall and have been following this thread since. 

I once informed my insurance company that someone has clipped my bumper with a shopping trolley. They responded but saying do you know who it was or the registration. I said no.

Then that said okay and do you want to claim, I said no as it may rub out but only telling you as it's says in my terms to inform you of everything. Thanks she says!

At renewal my insurance was refused with a new provider as I did not mention that I had a claim. I called my old insurance company and they said it's recorded as a claim with 0 payout!

Thanks to that my insurance jumped +£300 :(

So should we inform our insurance company if your not going to claim. 

I work in a bus yard bus clipped my car. Car was booked in for repair payed by bus company insurance. I did not tell my insurance why should i ???

That is when my night mare began. My vehicle was booked in for repair on a tuesday for arguments sake, at a certain garage then my car was hit again.

My vehicle was then sent to a different garage on a tow truck. I had to cancel the first garage for obvious reasons. That is when i was nearly prosecuted for

failing to tell my insurance about the first accident. In my eyes  it had nothing to do with them, it was on private land and would of been repaired.

My car was insured with Lv and still is to this day, i have protected no claims etc but saving it all was a headache and a half.

I know this vehicle has not been hit twice. I am just saying ring your insurance for your own piece of mind. If it later comes out they find out you will become

grey haired very very quickly. I am talking from personal experience on this matter. 

I don't really understand what you mean by lack of responsibilities. The loaner car has it's own insurance and I have reported the damage there as per the policy - end of story. If I have 4 separate insurance policies should I inform each single one of them when I have non-fault, no claim, notification only incident on one of them?

Indeed we need to have separate thread for this:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links