Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 transmission oil check

Hello can anyone help me. I have looked everywhere in the engine bay to try and find the dipstick to check my transmission gearbox oil. I have a GS300 2005.

Some cars show it at the front near radiator and some at the side. Mine is nowhere.If you can help could you post a picture of where it is. regards Anthony

There is no dipstick as they are"sealed for life" transmissions.

Interestingly they also do not use the usual Toyota Type IV fluid either but WS type fluid.

I found some info on a US site for you.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachments/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/191691d1289977706-2006-gs300-atf-fluid-type-and-service-transmission-fluid.pdf

Thank you Steve thought I was going mad. The reason I asked about the level is Im only getting 1st 2nd and 3rd forward gears its coming up with fault code P0761 saying Solenoid C stuck or off. Lexus cant be 100% sure its this but want £2200 plus Vat they have already changed the oil twice. Wondering if i could do any checks myself. Love the car though.regards Anthony