Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Lexus owners,

I'm a new Lexus owner I have a Lexus is220d and had the car a few months now. 

Now I want to start doing bits and one of the bits is the wind deflectors but I brought some which said they fit the 220d but when I received them they were for the 250, I also read they the 250/220 are the same body shape. Well I thought that and tired to fit them and they don't fit, now I've brought from 2 different companies saying they fit the 220d but they don't.

can anyone with a 220d post a link or share there story please 

The genuine ones are from Japan. A friend of mine got them for me and will be bringing them back. In regards to the others, they were from a company called Climair UK. The gen ones worked out to be £85 from there.

No the genuine ones are no longer available in the UK. I only got them from Japan as I told my friend to go to the dealer and get the set as it was a special order. You maybe able to get a set in the UK from a dealer if they have old stock but they are very rare. Last time I checked prices here they were £200. 

Email or call them tomorrow. Really helpful guys. If I remember it was listed under American models. Also the is250 and is220d are the same window sizes so same will fir on both.

Re: Climair.

Arqum is correct, you have to search under Lexus US-version to find them.

Also, it doesn't mention it on the site, but they're available in 3 different shades - clear, smoke or black.

15 hours ago, Kynann said:

I also read they the 250/220 are the same body shape. Well I thought that and tired to fit them and they don't fit,

That is correct IS-F, IS220d, IS250, IS350 all have identical body shape, you can easily swap the doors on them. If your wind deflector doesn't fit IS220d, they won't fit IS250 either. So either you are fitting them wrong or they are for completely different car, maybe like 1st or 3rd gen IS instead of 2nd gen.. or some universal stuff they claim fits all, but it actually doesn't fit any.

I've found that on certain cars, the Team Heko ones are very tricky to fit, but once fitted it is quite a nice snug fit. I remember fitting the front ones on a few cars, and had to flex them slightly to fit in.