Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discovering the IS300H

Hi guys/gals

So I am day one in to owning the IS300H F-Sport edition and very pleased so far with the way it looks as that's pretty much all I have been able to do today is LOOK at it.  Blessing being able to work from home on occasion or not?!   

So I have a couple of issues I hope can be addressed easily;   I have a OnePlus Two mobile and for some reason can't work out if or how it can play music from the USB cable attached under the centre console?    I go into USB in the Infotainment system and it's not being detected but it does charge the phone.  

Bluetooth connection seems to work, can play music but can't seem to skip forwards or backwards but can pause and resume from the car.  

Will be posting some more questions and observations here to keep everything in one topic.  

Appreciate all your time by the way :)   

• Like 1

I dont think you can play music via USB from your phone but Ive never tried it.

Im not familiar with the phone you mention but when you plug it into the USB, does it show different options such as "Charge only", "File transfer" etc?

You might need a software update to sort the Bluetooth issue out.

You can play music via USB from an Iphone because it will be detected as an iPod. For an Android phone it would need to present the filesystem as a USB mass storage device for the car to detect it properly. If your phone cannot do this natively there are some apps the allow this but they seem to be model specific and have other restrictions.

Thought gone were the days cars only worked with the IPod,  don't know anyone who uses them these days. 

I expected my phone to pop up with a message asking for Mass storage or charge only as it does when plugged in to my laptop.   

So does Bluetooth audio normally let you control whats playing?   It did in the CT demo car with business nav so expected the Premium nav to also. 

Got a check up call with the dealer tomorrow so will mention these niggles. 

So just plugged my phone in again and noticed I do have the option for Media transfer,  Camera or Charging only.   So selected Media transfer but still nothing being detected from the car :(

So for some reason the Bluetooth audio is working fine now,  am able to fwd tracks or rwd tracks.  Not sure why it's working today but glad it is.    

Have asked my Lexus dealer about the USB connection also so see what the tech guys come back with.  

Starting to discover the cars handling and performance especially and heard a bit of the Active sound come through when switched into Sport mode but really need some open country roads to test her out properly.   

Don't forget the active sound can be turned up/down/off by the scroll wheel near your left knee (apologies if you know this already).:smile:

• Like 1

Yes I am trying to reserve full ASC in Sport mode :) 

Did sound quite meaty when I popped it in to Sport for a brief moment

Illuminated scuff plates just unpealed the blue protective film,   had ones on my previous IS220D and glad I have again :) 

IMG_20160713_211713.jpg

IMG_20160713_211545.jpg

IMG_20160713_211622.jpg

5 hours ago, Smithy2 said:

Liking the scuff plates - are these an option?

Yep, an option on the IS - I had them on my RX300 as Standard fitment. They were pretty awesome tbf

Ok so back on the audio issues, I am waiting for Lexus customer care to come back but one thing I have noticed the controls for Bluetooth audio don't seem to work straight away.   

Music will play and I can pause but not skip forward or back then all of a sudden it starts to work!  What seems to be happening is the track information isn't being displayed on the infotainment screen,   when it does I can then skip tracks fine.   Anyone else noticed this? 

11 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Illuminated scuff plates yes.  £400 and just for the the front.  

I hope you had those added on as a freebie lol

Try getting a dedicated USB stick with music on - works, every, single, time!

13 hours ago, rayaans said:

I hope you had those added on as a freebie lol

Try getting a dedicated USB stick with music on - works, every, single, time!

Well I did get the protection pack,  rubber mats and a full tank of fuel though.   Got the scuff plates discounted to £310 too :) 

I use Spotify via Bluetooth on my LG G4.  I need to have the app on the front screen of the phone playing or paused for it to work. Sometimes it will play anyway without having the app on the front screen but then does not show the track details.  

• Like 1

On 15/07/2016 at 11:16 AM, rayaans said:

Just discovered when buckling or unbuckling the easy exit setting kicks in.  Thought it just did that when starting the car but it's cool it does it when you insert the sestbelt buckle.   Lexus didn't need to make it do that but I like it that they have. 

Just looking at the photo of the wheel in the dark and impressed by how good it looks. Will get some of that Gtechniq C5 in a few weeks.  Want to see how the wheels fair with just the Meguiars wash &  wax. 

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Just looking at the photo of the wheel in the dark and impressed by how good it looks. Will get some of that Gtechniq C5 in a few weeks.  Want to see how the wheels fair with just the Meguiars wash &  wax. 

If youre using C5, make sure you take the wheel off and do the front and back on all wheels. No point using it if you're not doing the backs

20 hours ago, rayaans said:

If youre using C5, make sure you take the wheel off and do the front and back on all wheels. No point using it if you're not doing the backs

Why does the wheel need to be removed?  Thought was to prevent brake dust on the face of the wheels... 

First decent drive today,  60 miles mostly country roads and very impressed with both power delivery and handling.   Acceleration mid range is also very good in Sport mode and must admit the ASC is a nice touch.  Must admit I got a bit excited when a Toyota GT86 raced up behind me and a Audi TDi decided to flaw it up my behind causing me to keep the pedal down past 70!!  

MPG on the other hand has taken a beating but had a lot of fun getting to work and getting home :)    only 300 milles on the clock I know I should take it a bit easier though! 

Very happy still

• Like 1

Fantastic. So glad you're enjoying it. They're great cars, looking forward to mine now after reading that. If only SWMBO looked after hers as much as you, hers is a right tip inside, with glitter, sand and nail varnish everywhere :wallbash:

Regarding the C5, I swap my wheels between summer and winter on my Disco each year and give them a coat front and back, it makes the rears of the wheels so much easier to clean between wheel changes, no need for ironx or anything else, just a bit of good shampoo and they're gleaming.

For the front of the wheels, in between wheel changes I top with poorboys wheel sealant. The brake dust still builds up, but, makes it a doddle to clean.