Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member, yet to purchase, RX400h boot size

Hitby

Good afternoon all, 

I'm seriously considering purchasing a 2008 Lexus RX400h to replace my 2008 C-Class estate. The primary reason for the change is I'm in dire need of more boot space for camping trips with my better half and two daughters. 

I was hoping someone could help with how the boot size of the RX would stack up against my c-class. Will there be a good difference? I'm asking as I can't get to view the car until the weekend and there's conflicting capacities all over the net ranging from 400litres to 1000! 

At the moment I'm struggling with the C-Class and a 300l roof box :)

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice!

Thank you very much in advance.

Dan

• Like 1

Id presume the boot space is roughly the same or less in the RX400h. The reason being is that the rear hatch is quite sloping compared to the C class estate and the RX focuses mainly on rear space for passengers.

Ideally id be looking at something more boxy like a LR Discovery if you need a lot of cargo space.

Thanks, do the rear seats slide forward/backwards? The pdf I've attached to this post states cargo capacity of 1084 litres with the seats up which would be more than double the c-class, hence my confusion!

I have considered a Disco but the reliability aspect worries me. Presumably the Lexus is much better in this regard.

Thanks again for your reply.

Hybrids_Page_10.pdf

Hi Dan and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We always like to see pictures of members cars so don't be shy.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

• Like 1

Thanks Colin, 

I'm going to look at the car tomorrow evening so I guess I'll find out for myself :). I'm really hoping it's huge as I've set my heart on the car now so I'll be disappointed if it's a no go.

Out of interest, the car is a 400H SE-L 2008 with 66500 on. Last services at 60000 with a FSH. It has the media pack in the back as well. Is £11k a fair price for this car?

Well, I went to view the car...and bought it!

I had a few nice surprises once I got it home. It came with Lexus roof bars, the towing package including detachable tow bar, boot liner and the iPod adaptor in the glove box, none of which it was advertised with. Parking sensors as well although I'm not sure they're necessary with the camera.

Full Lexus service history. I'm made up with it so far! When the 6 month warranty from the dealer runs out I think I'll invest in the Lexus warranty for peace of mind.

Talking of the camera, how complicated is the manual for it! I've read it three times and I've still no idea how all the lines work :S

Anyway, here she is!

lex1.jpglex2.jpglex3.jpglex4.pnglex5.pnglex6.png

• 3 years later...

Some low life  stole the catalytic converters on my Lexus RX400 2007. I loved that car but I because the low life stole a large chink of the exhaust pipe connecting to the front of the engine I fear insurance will write off the car. Has anyone had experience of this type of theft