Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

non premium maps update

Hi everyone, 

I checked the forum and cannot find an answer so...

I was wondering if there's a way to perform a manual update of 'non premium' maps using a USB stick?

I've tried various service portals and they only seem to have 'premium nav' software. 

My local dealer quoted me >£200 :-/ and refuses to do it under warranty. feels a bit steep for an update of a functional software. 

My car is in advance trim. Thanks in advance :-D

Map updates info is here:

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index

Then choose IS300/200 and select Lexus Navigation 13CY - go through the scroller and check if your map needs updating. Having said that, Lexus dealers can only do the update for the map on the non-premium nav.

£200 seems more than usual - they usually say about £150. Try to get them down if you desperately need it.

Hi,

thanks, but I've been there and done that already.

All I'm getting is: If the version on your device is different from the version mentioned above, please visit your local authorized retailer who will be happy to assist you if you wish to obtain an update for your system

1 hour ago, Konrad said:

Hi,

thanks, but I've been there and done that already.

All I'm getting is: If the version on your device is different from the version mentioned above, please visit your local authorized retailer who will be happy to assist you if you wish to obtain an update for your system

Yes you can only check if it needs an update 

I'd presume yours is different and therefore needs updating?  At this point in time I think only Lexus can do it. 

Just do away with the built in nav and get a Tomtom.

The only gripe I had on my days test drive with the car was the basic navigation package. 

No centre directional arrows if you use the main screen for something else other than navigation. 

The what felt like 1 frame per second screen update while in motion. (Tomtom scrolling is as smooth as a babies bottom)

And to top it all you have to pay threw the nose for map updates............

I suppose we could always pay the extra £2k for the premium version of the sat Nav............... £2k!.......£2k!

But you do get street view. 😳

Great car, lovely drive, 48k Spectrum navigation  system.

• 1 year later...