Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 65 plate f sport acquired in May. I assumed the car had TPMS because I understood it was "standard". I have searched everywhere underneath the steering wheel and down towards the pedals but can't see (or feel) any button to reset it (just checked tyre pressures and wanted to make sure the system was reset). Is it possible it is not fitted on my car?

image.jpeg

No, it is fitted just devilish to find! It's a tiny nipple ish [emoji15] button sort of half way down the steering column. Keep searching, it is there, as the actress said.... [emoji6]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the response but I must be blind because I can't see any nipple. It's not the end of the world if it's not fitted but you would think Lexus would make something like this more obvious. I will search again, tomorrow.

TPMS is fitted to all new cars it has been a  legal requirement since 2012 under EU law and the UK is still in the EU for a while yet!!  Keep looking. The location & reset procedure is in the handbook.

• Like 1

above the pedals and underneath the dash is a panel the reset button is in this panel ,the other item in this panel is the foot light.

the button has set written on it.

Thanks for all the responses. I will make a thorough search tomorrow. If I find it I will take a photo and post it. I can't be the only one who needs a map to find this. I did check the manual but that was worse than useless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capese21 said:

tyres_zpsk88x8lbm.jpg

I agree with the OP, how are you supposed to make sense of instructions that show you a picture of the switch, its location and arrows pointing to its location. ***** they do make it difficult. :lol:

And all in a book, given to you with the car, I don't believe what I'm hearing.

Well done, glad you've found it. My only slight gripe is that if the light does come on you've no idea which tyre is affected (unless a complete flat of course), especially with the low profiles. Be good if the sensor told you which one it was. First world problem I accept [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just now, RichyRich said:

So what's the idea of the set button?   and what happens when there is low tyre pressure?  does a warning indicator appear?  

A yellow light shows. Looks like a flat tyre cross section if it's low. When it's low. Just put air in. The light goes off after a mile or so

No need to reset the tpms. Leave it as it is otherwise it resets to lowest tyre pressure so if one is on 33psi it'll set to that 

• 2 months later...