Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heading up map orientation

Hi

I'm new to Lexus, having upgraded my company car from a Prius to an IS 300h Executive Edition (white with ivory leather), and I'm really delighted with the car.  I still haven't figured out how to work all the gadgets and I'm looking for advice on the satnav.  I want the orientation of the map to be "Heading up".  Page 36 of the navigation manual states select the relevant symbol, but it's not clear what steps to follow to actually select "Heading up".  Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks

I think on the Nav screen click on the compass icon and there are 2 or 3 view options, one is 'always north' I believe.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, DJP said:

I think on the Nav screen click on the compass icon and there are 2 or 3 view options, one is 'always north' I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I had the same question and while I was in my local Lexus dealer they pointed out the compass icon changes the view.  Think it needs to be set whilst not in a route. 

Thanks for replies.

I've tried going into the Map Configuration and selecting the "Compass Map" and have changed the map/north pointer icon in the top left to the compass symbol.  I want to use the single map and then selected single map, but the icon in the top left is still the north symbol. The cursor doesn't appear to be able to change it.  All this whilst not in navigating mode.

When I get the NAV button displayed on the map and click the mouse on it, it doesn't give me an option to change the compass/north icon.

I must say that the Prius satnav (touch screen) was a lot more intuitive.

Your IS 300h Exec has Lexus navigation (rotary controller in the centre console)

Make sure you're on the Nav screen is showing the map, press down on the rotary controller to get the control icon on the screen - tilt the rotary controller so it moves on the screen to the compass picture in the top left hand corner and then press the centre controller to change the layout... North facing, Direction of travel or 3D view.

Hope that helps?

Yes. So simple, but I just couldn't do it, until JlexusT's video. On start up map, just nudge the mouse to the left most position, then nudge up to the icon.  Being use to a PC mouse I think I was trying to nudge the car mouse diagonally and this invokes a cursor or zoom in function.

• 2 years later...
On 22/07/2016 at 08:50, JlexusT said:

Bonjour Duncand

PM moi votre adresse e-mail et je vous enverrai une vidéo rapide.

JT

Bonjour  à vous JlexusT, j'ai le même problème impossible d'orienter ma carte. Avez-vous encore la vidéo? Merci

Bonjour abra63

Pardonnez à mon Google de traduire le français. Je n'ai plus la vidéo. Sur la carte de démarrage, il suffit de déplacer la souris dans
la position la plus à gauche, puis de déplacer l’icône. Ensuite, vous pouvez le changer. Étant habitué à une souris PC, je pense que 
j'essayais de déplacer la souris de voiture en diagonale et cela invoque un curseur ou une fonction de zoom avant. Bonne chance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links