Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to buy a ct200h any tips or info in general

Si_is200

So thinking to trade in the e class for a ct200h for my wife as we both like the styling and interior plus it's a Lexus which I always have love for haha... Just wanted to get some info on what's servicing like for them as I've never had or even looked at hybrids before ? Any niggles and bad bits to look out for?? And anything to try and find with optional extras etc, ideally il be looking for a fsport :yucky:

Thanks ! 

Hi would suggest a test drive first, but make sure your fillings in your Teeth are sound first, the ride is not really suited to our roads, in my opinion. 

The driving seat can be a bit awkward to get in if you are tall. 

Just now, Stompe said:

Hi would suggest a test drive first, but make sure your fillings in your Teeth are sound first, the ride is not really suited to our roads, in my opinion. 

The driving seat can be a bit awkward to get in if you are tall. 

Personally i would. go. for the Premier, as the Fsport is just a trim spec, no faster. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing even though not faster the insurance would be more on the f sport too! The ride quality  isn't sounding good as my over cars on coilovers, Ideally don't want two cars that bounce around the British roads .... 

Not that insurance groups mean much today but the Premier is group 21 and the F-Sport is group 20!

Make sure you have a drive in a CT first and make your own mind up, if you have driven a german competitor the CT actually rides very well, no were near coil overs ;)

• Like 1

Will go next week and have a  test drive, insurance not too much of a worry for me, but my Mrs makes my premium soooo expensive ! But I doubt it will be worse than on the e class.. Thanks for the info guys, il let you know how the test drive goes 

Does the F sport have a badge which says "sport"? That would be the only thing which would make one CT more sporty than the next.There was some talk about cross bracing but to be honest, the CT is an eco motor with all the trappings of the luxury hybrid auris derivative it is. Given the choice, I would go for the Premier too simply because it has all the whistles and bells on it. 

This forum seems quite well populated with comments and queries about the sat nav and the phone system. I didnt use the sat nav of any of my cars because they simply still arent as good as my 7 year old garmin ( which allows my wife to re-programme it as I drive and has a lifetime update facility) The hands free telephone operation is ok so long as I don't ask it to do tricks. It will answer the phone when I press the button and it will phone home when I press the button and ask it to.... and it works hands free if there is a signal. I believe people have some issues with the phone system when they try to ask the system to carry out slightly more sophisticated operations.

The sound system is the same as any other vehicle sound system. Its a sound system and it is built into a car which isn't completely sound proof and so you hear the pedestrians shouting at each other, you hear the crunching noise as you drive over gravel etc. So perfect sound reproduction will never be attainable despite the best efforts of Lexus.

I like the Lexus seats. Heated seats would be nice in the winter ( premiers have this option)

Lighting is well up to the job for all but the vitamin deficient drivers who simply must drive on full beam.The reversing camera is a little gem and well worth it since the back window is a bit small. Lexus dealers are a mixed bag. If you don't like one, then go to another. There are some extremely good dealers out there... read this forum for saints and sinners!

Carrying 5 adults is a bit uncomfortable. Carrying 4 adults with baggage requires light packing all round and a roof box.

Our CT carries my wife and I , our shopping, baggage and a small dog very comfortably.The ride quality increases with the weight being carried ( within reason). 

Forget towing anything. CTs don't tow; it can fry the inverter and that upsets Mr Lexus himself since he is so proud of the high group reputation of the hybrid system including batteries.

• Like 1

on 17" wheels i found the ride to be firm but not uncomfortable ,if you find the 17" wheels are giving

too firm a ride you can get the 16" wheels and the ride is softer.

• Like 1

I have an SE L Premier and it certainly is fully loaded with everything. I'd say more than an F Sport with a more slightly better suspension. As said it is firm but not uncomfortable whilst driving. Try and find one with the Mark Levinson sound system. I have this and it's awesome. 13 speakers and a much better sound over the normal 10 speaker system.

Take a test drive and see what you think. If you want Sport performance then this car isn't for you. If you want comfort,luxury and economy then consider it.

Good luck [emoji4]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 21/07/2016 at 10:26 AM, JlexusT said:

Not that insurance groups mean much today but the Premier is group 21 and the F-Sport is group 20!

Make sure you have a drive in a CT first and make your own mind up, if you have driven a german competitor the CT actually rides very well, no were near coil overs ;)

No it doesn't the CT rides harder than an A class on comfort suspension. It's almost like a Mini with runflats.

Going from an E to a CT is a huge step down so defo test drive. 

The CT advance loaner I have had twice now rides about the same as my RX F sport and much worse than my IS300H F Sport

I'm actually in the US right now and I have a 2016 camry hybrid. I've got to be honest it drives better than the CT

14 minutes ago, stormchaser said:

Heard a lot good things about the Camry on the US CT forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked online, about 30,000 dollars apparently, wonder what it would cost over here.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2016 at 3:05 PM, mikeyv said:

Yep, seems to be the way.

Worth it at that price though with the kit it has. It drives really well tbh. First time I've driven one and was expecting it to just be point to point transportation but it's actually somewhat fun

One has to assume that the sales figures of the slightly bland Avensis are the reason for the Camry not making a return to UK in any form , hybrid or not.

Went down to Lexus to has a look around and test drive, unfortunately no premier models but had the f sport to test.... Personally for me not the right car, as good as it is it's not really what i had expected from it, I did take a look at the ct300h which I do prefer but comparing this to the CLA we tested the week before i think for are daily we will be sticking to the Germans, price wise they are on par but i think for driving experience and comfort I think Mercedes wins, thanks for all you're input and ps I'm not hating on Lexus I love my lex ✌️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TheOldGit said:

Well I better not slag the ct200h off too much as the price will go down when I get rid, however I wouldn't buy another one.

Why not? its not exactly a bad car and AFAIK, its being made into an SUV anyway

On 14 August 2016 at 3:55 PM, rayaans said:

Why not? its not exactly a bad car and AFAIK, its being made into an SUV anyway

Well mine didn't have cruise control (had to be retro fitted), no electric folding mirrors, no tow-bar available in UK (got one in USA), no spare wheel (located one an now fitted), uncomfortable ride (hard suspension?), not impressed with the mpg, bad all-round visual, awkward to get out of driving seat (for the missus), expensive to update satnav  (not alone to Lexus). 

Apart from that lot, it's a lovely looking car and has a great interior. 

6 hours ago, TheOldGit said:

Well mine didn't have cruise control (had to be retro fitted), no electric folding mirrors, no tow-bar available in UK (got one in USA), no spare wheel (located one an now fitted), uncomfortable ride (hard suspension?), not impressed with the mpg, bad all-round visual, awkward to get out of driving seat (for the missus), expensive to update satnav  (not alone to Lexus). 

Surely that depends on the spec and the type of car you get? If its a low end version, it won't have cruise control or electric folding mirrors. 

There are plenty of cars that dont have a spare wheel nowadays and hard suspension, MPG is dependent on the driver and conditions. Also, getting in and out of the driving seat is going to be difficult in any car that sits low. 

I wouldnt buy a Maserati Gran Turismo and complain that it was too noisy, unreliable and pointlessly fast to the point where I couldnt use the power would I?.......

• Like 1

Think the CT has hard suspension then you should drive a Suzuki Swift Sport. I bought it brand new last year and had enough of it after 6 months. It's so harsh and back breaking to drive. I got rid and got the CT instead. Going from tin can to luxury [emoji4]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:11 PM, TheOldGit said:

Sounds like you should have done your homework before buying the car! - Did someone have a gun to your head when you signed the paperwork!?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links