Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Honda Legend on it's way next week

It will be interesting to compare to my Mk3 Ls400  .............. a replacement car for the g/f's 1994 Mazda 323f, which will possibly be MOT rust terminal in September.

I said I was thinking of getting one .......  it's a 56 plate with 106k miles, Full Honda Service History and top of the range SH-AWD 3.5ltr ( + all the extras when new, and about £40k )

Looked after for the last 5 years like a baby, slate grey with rare white hide upholstery.  Buying it from my ex brother in law whom I have known for about 53 years, he used to do the Pirelli Stelvio Pass Rally a few years back  in a mini etc ......  when he was much younger

Selling the Legend as he's just taken delivery of his brand new company car, a red Lexus RC ?  which he's already telling me doesn't have all the super features as on  " his "  Legend 

( but I guess a few more though ! )

paying £4k for it, about bottom trade price I think  ..  I'll let you know what it's all about, driving, comfort etc when I get to experience it  ...  but I do so like, and shall miss immeasurably, the tight little quick gearbox of the ancient Mazda 323f though :wub:

Malc

• Like 2

I will be interested in your reaction to this car which I have always considered a possible alternative to the Lexus.

The only negative reports on the Legend has been a noisy 'crashy' front suspension but I never drove one to find out for myself.

Some years ago an aircraft engineer [one with grease under his nails] had one and was astonished at the build quality.

Good luck with what sounds like too good an opportunity to pass up.

10 minutes ago, GrahamG said:

I will be interested in your reaction to this car which I have always considered a possible alternative to the Lexus.

The only negative reports on the Legend has been a noisy 'crashy' front suspension but I never drove one to find out for myself.

Some years ago an aircraft engineer [one with grease under his nails] had one and was astonished at the build quality.

Good luck with what sounds like too good an opportunity to pass up.

And I`m interested too Malc. Lots of pics if possible please.

Regards

John

Another interested party here.

Big fan of Honda, having owned half a dozen, mostly Accord estates and one Civic typeR.

Well built and super reliable, in my experience.

Pretty rare car you're getting, like most big Japs in the UK, not many sold.

Good choice Malc - I looked seriously at these before I got the ISF - interested to see what the ride and fuel economy is like although both will be better than the ISF!

You can't go wrong with a Honda - I have had several of their sports bikes and have ridden Fireblades for the past 14 years with no issues. My Dad has run the pensioners preferred weapon of choice (Jazz) for the past few years - again faultless.

Good luck and keep us posted.

...................  been trawling around for the comprehensive insurance and actually gone with Adrian Flux ( from here ) with the best value quote in all the circumstances, mirroring the full NCD earnt on my other policies  .......  £427.68 and a 5000 miles limit............... ( we can't bear to part with the Mazda actually, it's  near classic now )

I''l do some pictures when I get the Legend  :wink3:

Malc

On 25/07/2016 at 5:44 PM, Nick W858 said:

My Dad has run the pensioners preferred weapon of choice (Jazz) for the past few years - again faultless.

Good luck and keep us posted.

hahahahahahaha ................  this OAP rather prefers a little more oomph and risque in his life  .............  the Legend will satiate my thoughts that were taking me towards a Ls600, but never though to replace my beloved Ls400 :wub:

Malc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malc said:

...................  been trawling around for the comprehensive insurance and actually gone with Adrian Flux ( from here ) with the best value quote in all the circumstances, mirroring the full NCD earnt on my other policies  .......  £427.68 and a 5000 miles limit............... ( we can't bear to part with the Mazda actually, it's  near classic now )

Malc

What mazda you got malc

John, just an " M " reg. August 1994 Mazda 323f thats now covered 145k miles, one of the very last of the shape, had it since Dec 2007 at 65k miles and cost me £400.

Really really useful little hatchback runaround, super in snow and ice, runs a dream, tight little gear changes and feels like when I'm doing 120mph in the Lexus when it's doing about 65mph !  .......  at 80 mph it feels like I'm on the runway with lift-off and about to take flight !

It's SUPER  :yahoo:

Malc

............... desperately trying to up-load the photos i took yesterday, both of the Honda Legend and also the very very fine looking red with red hide upholstery Lexus RC F Sports coupe that my bro-in-law has to replace the Legend.  The Lexus is an amazing looking car, could be a 2016 Batmobile............  collected the Honda Legend, brilliant car, 106k miles, timing belt and peripherals just done, full Honda service and bits and pieces, just taken it to have the laser wheel alignment done too in Canterbury, the Toe was out on the front, the previous Pirelli P6000 17"  tyres don't seem to have lasted long on this car and have cost a fortune and give a bit of a hard, non-Ls400 style comfy ride. Its nonetheless a quick and fast, very comfy car with lots of gadgets, electric rear window blind and side window manual blinds too ...  a bit of a novelty.

It's not as quick off the mark or as " soft " a ride as my Ls400  ....  we are very spoilt

But nonetheless it's a very very fine 3.5 ltr petrol car with impeccable Honda engineering. Lucky the g/f enjoys driving it  ( me too actually ) and great value at £4k, servicing, tyres and bits and pieces my bro-in-law, the last owner for 4 years and some 50k miles, has spent this year alone ( 2016 ) some £2750 on Honda main dealer maintenance etc but bugger all in the previous 3 years  ............  the car cost him £8500 in 2012, it cost £40k brand new in 2006

It's a fine car and I'm guessing / hoping, fingers xd,  very little on-costs for unusual maintenance for me for some years ahead with a likely 5k miles a year limit

I'll up-load the photos as soon as i get to understand my computer a little more :wallbash:

Malc

" going round bends a lot better "  .  where he lives, Milton Keynes, it's renowned for causing front end collateral damage to cars with the huge number of roundabouts ........... just to get to and from anywhere.  One of the reasons he says for the stupid costs he's incurred with incessant front end steering geometry failure and lots of £££££s spent on renewing front-end steering bushes stuff and quantities of tyres :w00t:  ......  I'm sure it's a  " going round roundabouts "  syndrome, probably coupled with the fantastic SH-AWD kicking in, BUT for which, that is going to be a great asset in the winter times snow and ice and in which my Ls400 ..................  is usually an absolute dead-loss.

On 7/27/2016 at 1:03 PM, Malc said:

Malc

Hi,

Glad we could help out with insurance.

Hope you enjoy the car. I nearly bought one a couple of years ago to replace my Civic. I thought it was a bargain at the time 07 plate 70K miles from Honda main dealer for £5999. Think it was hanging around a bit so they'd just slashed a couple of grand off the price to clear it. Looked amazing but my wife wasn't keen!

Enjoy.

Regards,

Dan.

good luck with the Legend, I was close to getting one myself just a few months back but got a 3.0R Spec B Legacy instead, it too has a brilliant All wheel drive system and its a hoot to drive.  Legends are fantastic but parts can be eye watering, so its something to watch out for. You cant get parts for this in a motorfactors  (aside from consumables). MPG between that and my Subaru wont be that much difference but the Legend will be far more comfy. 

Driving rare and off the wall cars is cool and bucks the trend of what most people have with boring soulless cars.

Post up pics, in the mean time some photos from Simply Japanese Fest...

20160731_103758.jpg

20160731_105916.jpg20160716_151503.jpg

20160730_203214.jpg

20160731_141025.jpg20160731_141158.jpg20160731_142027.jpg20160731_143732.jpg

• Like 1

the red Lexus is a hybrid and a 2+2 ............. but the other two have to be beanpole thin matchstick men to get into the seats in the rear and actually sit down :wacko:

............. even my 1932 Triumph Southern Cross Sports Tourer has 4 real seats  ...  and gets nought to 60  ( max speed anyway ) in about 10 minutes, or better if going down hill:rolleyes:

Malc

I love the Honda, what a gem!  Not over keen on the Lexus.  I also love the PIC of the Nissan GTR, I drove one last year round Dunsfold, fastest thing I've ever driven!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links