Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h Aircon question

Hello all,

About 8 months ago I finally (having owned various Range Rovers) decided to buy a reliable car, so popped for a 2007 Rx400h. I have to say that I love it.It is so nice to get into a car and know it is going to get you to the destination.

Now it is summer here in Italy and the aircon seems to really struggle to get the car cool.

I have had the gas recharged, but in order to be comfortable I have to have it set on LO and with maximum fan. It blows cold air, just does not seem to be enough. As this is my forst lexus I am not sure if this is how it is meant to be or not? In the Range Rover MKIII, I just used to leave it on 22 all year round with no problems (the only thing that worked!)

I would really appreciate some feedback or advice.

Many thanks

My aircon when on LO freezes my fingers if the vents are pointed inwards. But we have milder weather I would imagine than Italy.

I think from watching YouTube videos you are supposed to get about 4°C / 40°F from your vents.

I have a 2006 rx400h and I live in Italy too. My aircon is set to 23-23.5 degrees, anything lower will freeze me to death! If anything, I find it to be a little too aggressive, and my interiors are even black, which is definitely not the best color during summertime...

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like your top up was only on the "Low" side of the system - this can read fine but air con performs poorly. Ideally your air con guy should also check the "High" side as well.

At this point, ask your friends who the use and recommend and get a better air con guy to fix it, it might only be something simple!

Thank you very much for your replies. I will probably stop by the main dealer and ask them to just check the levels. I think it should be something simple too.

still one of the best cars I have ever owned.