Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Batteries

gds

well i knew the small Battery had a small capacity but leaving the boot open overnight flattened it, so i want to replace it with a recommended higher capacity one. what is the word from you gents experienced in these matters, thanks, gds

if the Battery was flat from having the boot open overnight, the Battery prob' was on its way out anyway - i have left the dome light on overnight before and managed to start the car the next morning.

I am assuming the Altezza and IS batteries are the same 45Ah? I was looking a while ago and saw a normal ( maintenance req'd) Battery same size etc at 62Ah, motor world or mill auto had them for about £40 A few people have moved over to gel type batteries , i belive becasue of the ICE systems apart from that nearly everyone is on the normal Battery.

So easy to replace you wouldn`t believe...LOL

Just don`t touch both termainals a the same time!!! LOL

well yes and no, you can put your fingers on both terminals at the same time, but dont put a spanner etc across the terminals.

its very easy to change a Battery, but you have to check about the GS if the radio requires you to enter a code for the radio, The IS doesnt.

i replaced mine with a 65amp Halfords battery (actually made by yuasa) and I fitted it in their carpark in the dark using a socket set lol

cost was £55.00 and the kind chap at halfords said he would despose of the old battery for free.

I did the same with a VARTA 63Ah, fitted it in front of the Brezan carparts shop, they took the old one back. €87,00 = £ 58,00

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

hello all, many thanks for your helpful notes.

my fault for not being more soecific but i have no problem with removing the Battery or putting it back. the question for those who have changed the Battery for one of increased capacity, bearing in mind the size restrictions, which make and type of Battery did you get? are you satisfied with the performance? how much did you pay and where did you buy it, your help much appreciated, cheers, gds

• 3 weeks later...

i just changed my Battery for a Halfords calcium Battery, not only does it have a 4 year warenty but it also has 565 cold cranking amps! thats about 100 more than the standard one.

I have noticed that the car is a lot better now. it takes less than a second to get it to start in the morning and it doesnt have any problems after being left in the cold.

It was £59.99 and is my recomendation

• 2 months later...

It won't 'hurt' the car to have a high ohm-age Battery, if you can get one the same size as the space provided under the bonnet (AND take note of the other comments earlier in this debate, such as removing the neg contact first). It's a bit like having a V-8 engine rather than a 6, for example. The power backing is there when needed. It's helpful in winter when you use more power.

This applies in Hi-Fi amplifiers too. The sound is much better when you have a high output transformer that can instantaneously respond to peaks in the music. My pre-amp has 6 power supplies; for each stage of the thing!! But then, it did cost £3000! As for the power amp.......(This is house system, not the car!!)

You can get Car batteries direct from manufacturers. Here in Bristol, there's a firm called Bristol Batteries (surprisingly enough!) that will make whatever size you want; and advise you....check your yellow pages?

Chris Skelton

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links