Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All,

I'm looking to start hunting for a GS450h but I have a couple of questions/concerns to help me make up my mind

1. As my daily commute will be a return journey of 20 miles in stop start traffic will this cause any harm to the Battery even if I have the electrics ie radio/some heating or air con switched on ?

As I will only do local journeys is the GS450h a good option or am I opening myself to unneccasary mechanical failure..(I want a luxury car !!)

2. Is there a certain mph limit you have to reach before the petrol engine kicks in

3. Is it easy to obtain 25 mpg in stop start

4. Is it the 2010 model that has DAB and usb/ac connecter in the SE-L model

All help will be appreciated

1. No, you can drive how you like without harming the Battery

2. No it will come in when the traction Battery is low or the engine is cold

3. Unlikely I think, I average 31 and there isn't much stopping and starting.

4. Yes, its a good system.

1 minute ago, mkbean said:

1. No, you can drive how you like without harming the battery

2. No it will come in when the traction battery is low or the engine is cold

I agree with Daniel on points 1,2 and 3.

Mine is first reg in July 2010.It has no DAB but it does have a USB socket and  3.5 MM jack SOCKET FOR PLAYIMG I PADS.

It is a phenomenal car with linear acceleration and licence taking speed through all of its gears which change without perception.

Good luck and do keep us all informed.

Regards

John

17 minutes ago, mkbean said:

1. No, you can drive how you like without harming the battery

2. No it will come in when the traction battery is low or the engine is cold

3. Are you saying I will get less than 25 mpg in stop start ?

In stop start doing no more than 20mph how many miles would the Battery run for before switching to petrol ?

In stop start doing no more than 20mph how many miles would the battery run for before switching to petrol ?

From totally full with no opportunity to recharge through braking, maybe 1.

The main economy benefit of the hybrid system in a big heavy car with a tiny Battery like the GS is that the engine isn't running when the car isn't moving - like a more advanced start / stop system but where the air con still works when stopped.

Of course the actual reason the hybrid system is there will be revealed when you dump your foot on the accelerator and its like being in a space launch.....

I do both longer runs ~160 miles and short shopping journeys. On the longer runs I get between 35 and 40mpg. On the short stuff I probably get 25 or a little less. My short journeys are  2 - 3 miles and engine has only just got warm when I stop. You should do better as your short is a little longer than mine. Get the newer model and you will do better.

If you do not have the "energy" screen showing you probably will not know what is propelling the car. After a year of ownership I can't tell.  It depends on too many things.

The 2007 version does not have an audio input jack. The optical drive however will read .mp3 files and you can get many hours of .mp3 files on a 4.7GB disk.

Once you have one I suspect you will be tempted to do longer journeys.

The Lexus Hybrid system is ideal for stop/start motoring. In slow moving traffic, it will be running on Battery power, with the engine only cutting in to charge the Battery. This will be controlled by the computer without any intervention from the driver, so it will be done in the most efficient manner possible. 

If you're gentle with acceleration, you can get to around 30mph before the engine kicks in but it takes time to learn the skill. 

i have had both and you will notice the difference, the 4th get is a much more ridged ride and the boot is twice the size, also the 4th Gen is more economical.

On 7 August 2016 at 7:20 PM, Etiquette123 said:

Going to have a test drive on a gs f sport sometime this week which will help me make my mind up between gen 3 or 4

Gen 4 is a complete different car, better in every way - especially the handling.

Anyone know how much a Lexus dealer would knock off the price after some hard negotiation car is priced at £14449 has 53k on the clock (another 7k which I can clock up in 4 months and will need a cam belt change )

Does £13k sound too cheeky ?

It would somewhat depend how long they have had it for. Some GSs sit on the forecourt for months and the dealers lowers the price £1k to £2k. If the price has already been lowered they won't be so willing to drop any further.

If the vehicle was first advertised at £14,449 then they probably only paid £11k for it as a trade in.

18 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It would somewhat depend how long they have had it for. Some GSs sit on the forecourt for months and the dealers lowers the price £1k to £2k. If the price has already been lowered they won't be so willing to drop any further.

If the vehicle was first advertised at £14,449 then they probably only paid £11k for it as a trade in.

It's only just been advertised this week

Mind you me offering £13k asking for full tank and taking out finance short term isn't a bad deal I suppose....what bugs me is having to change the cambelt in 4 months time

44 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Anyone know how much a Lexus dealer would knock off the price after some hard negotiation car is priced at £14449 has 53k on the clock (another 7k which I can clock up in 4 months and will need a cam belt change )

Does £13k sound too cheeky ?

What age is the car/what dealer? 

Also, does the 450h have a cam belt - thought it had a chain...

Brian.

£1095 is the price of a 24 month warranty which I can't go wrong with.if they throw that in plus a full tank of fuel @screen price that would give me three years (24+the 12 month they provide as standard) hassle free motoring

BTW do you have to use high octane fuel in these ie. V Power or BP Ultimate 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links