Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1st Lexus

Athey

Thought i`d come and say hi to everyone before posting. Recently bought an 07 is250e auto with 30,000 on the clock. Really wanted an X5, but after years of Beemer ownership including the M3, my wife asked me to buy something different for a change. Must admit, the Lexus has nice lines, a luxury interior that says this is different, and is one of the smoothest cars i have driven. Has good features but shame i cant just buy the satnav without changing the wiring loom or tapping into the existing one. Yes, its a comedown from performance and handling for me, but being in my 40`s and having grandkids, its time i calmed down. Besides, i don`t see a lot of these cars, so also nice to be different, and yes, it does turn the heads of the ladies:wink3:.

Heres to happy ownership!

052.JPG

Welcome Gary :smile:

I too was a serial BMW owner until I tried something different.  Although I do still like the BMW's.

Yeah, it is a real pain to retrofit the sat nav.  From what I understand, it is not the unit itself that is the problem, but all the different modules you need to fit at the same time, e.g. GPS unit, microphone, steering wheel controls, etc...

40's and a granddad already?  You don't hang around, do you? :laugh:

Hi Gary , In new here too but have owned a is250 s-el for 4 years. I wouldnt worry about missing the sat nav its not all that in my opinion . 

Looks like you have aftermarket alloys on the car ?  If so thats one problem you will encounter already sorted !