Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Mirror Puddle light bulb replacement.

stormchaser

I thought I do a write up on replacing the puddle light bulb in the door mirror. I didn't take photos of this but have followed and used photos from the US CT forum.

I replaced the capless bulb with a standard one and not LED.

Firstly move the mirror to its highest setting (pointing up) to gain access to the underneath of it. Using a trim removal tool or a covered flat head screwdriver prise the mirror upwards to release it from the clips. Do the same for the top of the mirror. Looks like this after.

422b4a10b1ce64ecddf3a7fda8056660.png

Inside you'll see 5 screws. Remove all of them to release the outer mirror cover.

e0b953ce3bf9873c454d28698c22ca24.png

This will leave the mirror looking like this.

963d6e3710f063cbe7c631f20910ff7c.png

The puddle light unit is in the bottom of the assembly.

62109dce245d2de6f846a368eaa76bba.png

Release the light unit from its holder and unscrew the bulb holder to change the bulb. Which is one of these.

a90a35e8ffcf2369331663a642070d9f.png

Before reassembly check that it works by locking the car with the remote and unlocking. Refitting is as removal but make sure the indicator lamp is aligned back up otherwise the mirror cover will not fit correctly.

Caution: When removing mirror glass be patient to part it from its clips with gentle force otherwise it'll break. When refitting apply pressure to the centre of the mirror glass until it clicks back on its mountings.

I hope this is of help to anyone if they have to do the same.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links