Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Winter (and summer tyres)

I normally put winter tyres on my car, the last car I had cheapo fortuna tyres.  However my NX is a bit heavier.  Was thinking about putting on some Michelin Latitude Tour HP on it and then a set of Goodyear Efficientgrips in the summer.  Has anyone any other ideas?

I am no expert, but  Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport look like they give improved performance in the wet and better MPG. the only tyre to score 'B' in both categories. 

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:09 AM, rayaans said:

Go for the michelin latitude tour hp and leave them on all year round. they're all season tyres anyway.

I agree.

There are no benefits in fitting winter tyres unless you regularly drive in snow and in temperatures below (approx.) 6 degrees C. Above that temperature, winter tyres - being made of a softer compound than regularly tyres - wear out much quicker... with little or no benefit.

The winter months are below 7 degrees and as our roads are not gritted when it snows, I always put on proper winter tyres between October and March.  Still looking as there are not alot of choice.  Probably looking at Michelins for the winter and Goodyear Efficientgrip SUVs for the summer.

On 17/08/2016 at 6:38 PM, Sybaris said:

I just swap the tyres.  Been doing it for years and never had any issues.

Don't really need to tbh. 

I've been on an ungritted steep hill in the RX with summer tyres on. 

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd update this.  Just put a set of Hankook icept evo2 on the NX and all I can say is wow.  What a difference. even though they are winter tyres and softer, the ride feels lighter and firmer than the crappy Yokohamas that I took off.  The other thing to note is, that only after 8000 miles, the front Yokos are almost worn to the point of being replaced.   The rears are still good. though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links