Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scum - stolen car

Guys, just to make you aware:

House broke into this morning and scum nicked car keys and ISF. Had the cheek to peep the horn as they left at 4am. Total gutted. SO beware if buying a second hand white ISF - there are only a few out there.

1 hour ago, GibletPH said:

Ruddy hell, utter scumbags. I guess the good thing is they took what they were after and no one was hurt.

To true....no one was hurt.

Just found out they took the neighbours Merc at same time.:angry:

Chances of seeing either again??? Slim I think.

Gutted for you m8 , but if it was me i wouldnt want my car back after some dirty low life had been in it , makes my skin crawl just thinking of them.

I am glad i got cctv a few months before i got my isf , mines white too.

Oh I bloody hate this, they came into my house a few years back only it was 8.00pm and we were watching TV, they managed to get the keys to two cars but didn't manage to take the cars due to my rather feisty German Shepherd. I really feel for you mate, I wouldn't want the car back either.

8 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Gutted! Remember having my motorbike nicked and that horrible sinking feeling when I realised. Hope insurance sort you out quickly. 

Had the same sinking feeling quite a few years back. I was a student at the time and my car was a £300 Rover 416 Gti. The insurance excess meant it wasn't worth claiming. Worst thing was I had left a drifter chocolate bar in the glovebox and the tossers ate it and left the wrapper. Found it when the car was recovered. 

So sorry to hear about this, horrible experience to go through! Not as though its a run of the mill car, makes it worse if you're passionate about your cars! As already mentioned, can only take heart that no one was hurt. I have cctv and tend to hide away my keys but if these kind of criminals want your car, they will do what's necessary to get it, which is a concern with a young son.

2 minutes ago, Verbout said:

After the event I know, but you should put your car key in a keys safe, We have done for years.

If they get into the house they can't steal the cars.

if they want the car they will get you to open safe...

Next door neighbour has CCTV of guys. Masks and hoods and what looks metal poles - dont think I would have liked my odds and I'm 6ft 4. Thing was biggest guy knew CCTV was there and stared straight at it, giving it the middle finger.

Gutted.....and feeling really down at moment.

7 minutes ago, aidanjaye said:

If they want the car they will get you to open safe...

Next door neighbour has CCTV of guys. Masks and hoods and what looks metal poles - dont think I would have liked my odds and I'm 6ft 4. Thing was biggest guy knew CCTV was there and stared straight at it, giving it the middle finger.

Gutted.....and feeling really down at moment.

Not in my experience they wouldn't, they just want a clean getaway, if they were that brave they wouldn't sneek about during early hours and would just knock on your door and threaten you.

I fully understand your feelings at the moment.

Hope the get the bas**rds.....but I doubt it. At least have CCTV evidence for insurance.....as will my neighbour who was worried as no sign of forced entry, just all her keys missing along with her Merc

wife left side door open for me to come home when she was upstairs - literly 45 mins. Both my kids were up and about too. Other family who had car stolen have no idea - all there doors were looked from inside with keys in locks.

suspect the buggers have entered house and nicked keys and left through rear door - as this was found unlocked (and we never normally use this door). As we were in the house, alarm wasn't on. Have cats so they would have triggered it anyway if it was on.

CCTV footage quite chilling - my wife didin't want to view it.

Sorry about this but it's the policeman in me, I worked on a burglary squad for over ten years dealing with this type of incident.

It was 4 am, you were awoken by them sounding your horn, but the kids were up and the door insecure.

Have I read that right?

• Like 2

On 11/08/2016 at 3:20 PM, Tom24 said:

What a bunch of scumbags! 

What's the plan when the insurance money comes through? Another ISF? 

not sure. Had 2 white ISFs now.....;ast one took we months to find as a bit picky. Chances of sourcing another one in white is slim.

Maybe gonna have a look at Jag XFRs, XKR or Merc 6.3 AMGs. They are the sensible options. The unsensible options are a TVR Tamora or an early Skyline R32 GTR. The boring choice would be a M3 V8 saloon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links