Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Custom Intake IS300

Gldnandy

Ok, so didnt want to hijack Simons Thread Si_is200 so heres my custom intake. first pics are of a MaF adapter i knocked up. this isnt finished yet but will do for now to test how well she runs. 

My only concern is the Maf is too far from the filter but im not sure if it matters as long as its reading the Flow of air

i also may reduce the thickness of the MaF adapter, at the moment the centre of the round end sits in the middle of the pipe but it means the small outer wire is close to the top of the pipe. will see how it fairs. still got to tidy up the support and make a heat shield but this is what i have so far.

any opinions/suggestions are welcomed

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG

Had to Tiger seal between the Maf adapter and silicone hoses. so once thats cured will do a test drive see what the response is like now.

Have left the air scoop on above the rad as am thinking of fitting the heat shield up to it so can use it as a feed.

All the hoses and clamps etc are from Auto Silicone Hoses (ASH) and seem to be of decent quality.

Also had to knock up a joiner between oil breather and the intake as couldnt find one. didnt get pictures before i fitted unfortunately

• Like 1

Thanks Simon. haha yeah i like the look of that type of clamp compared to jubilees. i have been away for a bit so not had time to tidy it up. hopefully get time over next few weeks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links