Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 s-eL to rx400h

So impressed with our Recently bought  2015 rx f sport  , im now considering trading in the is250 s-eL  57plate  for  a 2008 rx400h SR with 95k on the clock. I would probably have to part with a couple of grand to do the swap. 

What do you think ? Have i just got a case of RX ocd Or should i just stick with the IS?

Excellent car, 30+ mpg if you are careful, 25 mpg towing a 1.7 tonne caravan. You will have a big bill in 5K miles as the 100K + service replaces all the fluids and replaces the cam belt also. Lexus do a fixed price service for this but it wont cover unexpected items.

Hi GliderPilot , thanks for the info.

So i presume im better searching for one with over 100k mileage with full history.

if i bought a  rx400h is it true that i can get full warranty on the hybrid Battery by just having the hybrid health check or essential care service every year ?

Also is there any concerns with the exhaust replacement on the 400, similiar to the is250?

5 hours ago, Pablo43 said:

Hi GliderPilot , thanks for the info.

So i presume im better searching for one with over 100k mileage with full history.

if i bought a  rx400h is it true that i can get full warranty on the hybrid battery by just having the hybrid health check or essential care service every year ?

Also is there any concerns with the exhaust replacement on the 400, similiar to the is250?

The yearly renewable hybrid warranty is valid on cars up to 10 years old. From the Lexus UK website:

You will benefit from an extra 1 year or 10,000 mile (whichever comes sooner) hybrid Battery warranty extension with each Hybrid Health check. This is available up to the 10th anniversary of the vehicle’s registration with no limit on total mileage. Terms and Conditions apply, please contact your Centre for full details.

The second generation RX hybrid has a regular exhaust system unlike the third generation. Mine has just developed a new hole in the centre box at 95K miles, also had to get a repair done a year or so ago.

Thanks for info, im now even more undecided :wacko:  Hybrid anxiety might lead me to a safer option like a Honda CRV . Its going to be tougher to trade the IS for a honda  though :whistling1:

H.A.S.

Hybrid Anxiety Syndrone ! 

( to worry, without rational reason over the failure of proven technology)

I Know the hybrid system is fantastic has i have just purchased a 2016 rx450h .

I just have H.A.S. buying a close to 10yr old hybrid with no warranty options and potentially having a bill for close to 50% of the vehicles value should sh.t happen.