Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is it worth the extra?.......

Guys, I've been given the option by my company to upgrade my order of the IS300F Sport to the FSport for a further £25 per month (self contribution)

Now the one thing I didn't like when I had my days test drive was the sat nav and I know the FSport doesn't come with this as standard so my question to you all is:

Do you guys think it's worth the extra considering I'll be paying the £25 per month for 3 years  

Pro's?

Con's?

One other question, does the FSport suspension effect the smoothness of the drive I had on the Sport version?.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated  

Andy

If it was my own decision/money it would be a definitely. Don't get me wrong the 300 is a beautiful car but in my honest opinion the F sport is another step up the ladder.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well to say I'm ****** off is an understatement.

After placing my order for Met Black IS300h F Sport (no extras) and receiving a possible delivery date of the first week in November, my company has just received an email to say Lexus can't fulfill the delivery now until January.

My company car has to go back the first week in November so I either have to opt for a different model or an alternative car all together.

Order was placed over a month ago and it's taken this time for them to confirm this.

They are currently looking for an alternative as close to my order as possible but this isn't probably going to be an F Sport.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response.

That's an option I'm looking in to now.

Originally I was looking at the Sport version in black with the black wheels which I was very happy with at the time but unfortunately when someone dangled the F Sport to me for a small increase in my month payment to now have to go back to the Sport version feels like a bit of an anticlimax leaving me with the feeling of what I could (and should) of had.

As mentioned, disappointed, very disappointed.

I think the issue is more with the "no options" than anything else.

Lexus UK work differently to other manufacturers in that they send over the most popular colour combos and spec before they've been ordered. Dealers then sell these or take them on as demonstrators.

If you go for something out of the ordinary, i.e. an IS F-Sport with no options, chances are they'll have to build it which takes longer.

BTW it does take roughly a month before the car is built and hence why you get that delay - you can usually change the spec/trim a month after ordering if its being specially built.

Try getting the dealer to look around for other colours, combos and spec and see what happens

Hope you get what you want/hope for.  I can attest to the F-Sport having only had mine a few months and very happy with my choice.   Sport looks ok but for me what you get with the F is worth it especially if it's only an extra £25 a month.   Let us know how you get on and fingers crossed. 

Update:

Lexus have managed to track down an F Sport in the same spec I've asked for but it has the Protection Pack included.

Delivery is now programmed in for the last week in October.

Very happy they've managed to sort for me as I really didn't want to start looking for an alternative.

Q: Protection Pack comes with extra rubber mats does anyone know if you still get the standard cloth mats as well as I'd only use the rubber ones through the winter months.

Anyone got the Protection Pack who can tell me a little bit more about it?

Thanks for reading.

1 hour ago, Alan Partridges Left Glove said:

Update:

Lexus have managed to track down an F Sport in the same spec I've asked for but it has the Protection Pack included.

Delivery is now programmed in for the last week in October.

Very happy they've managed to sort for me as I really didn't want to start looking for an alternative.

Q: Protection Pack comes with extra rubber mats does anyone know if you still get the standard cloth mats as well as I'd only use the rubber ones through the winter months.

Anyone got the Protection Pack who can tell me a little bit more about it?

Thanks for reading.

Hi Andrew,  sounds like you got pretty much what you wanted and the Protection pack is what I got thrown in.    Very happy for you,  what Colour and interior what will it come with? Standard or Premium Nav, Mark Levinson audio (wish I had that) ? 

To answer you question on the Protection Pack:

Mine came with it.

Rubber mats as well as the cloth ones,   Have replaced mine for the rubber ones and they are so much better than the ones you get in Halfords, actually fit the car properly and lock in.  

Boot liner, 

Rear boot protector plate

I also had cargo nets and travel kit thrown in but not sure if they are extra's.  I had to cut 4 small squares out of the boot liner to get the cargo nets to hook over the little square hooks on the floor of the boot.

Roll on end of October then :)

• Like 1

Mines pretty standard really.

Wasn't a fan of the sat nav on my test drive day and always had Tomtom so happy to stick with that.

Standard stereo as this was better than the stereo in my current car and couldn't justify the additional cost.

All in all, just happy they've sorted my F Sport out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My IS300H F Sport was delivered to me on Friday and I have to say I'm over the moon with it.

Coming from a gear changing diesel burner to the IS is a breath of fresh air.

Although this thing moves when required (sports mode) and stand up for itself in Normal Mode I've all of a sudden lost the will to want to rush everywhere and now just cruise effortlessly from place to place.

One thing I've tried to sort out but I'm failing miserably is in all my cars, I like to have my tank mileage range on the screen at all times. Other than selecting this when the dash dial is over to the right I'd like to be able to have this shown while the dash dial is in the central position.

Is this possible?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and the synthetic engine noise which I thought I would just set in the minimum position has grown on me and every now and then I like to crank it up a little.

31 minutes ago, Alan Partridges Left Glove said:

My IS300H F Sport was delivered to me on Friday and I have to say I'm over the moon with it.

Coming from a gear changing diesel burner to the IS is a breath of fresh air.

Although this thing moves when required (sports mode) and stand up for itself in Normal Mode I've all of a sudden lost the will to want to rush everywhere and now just cruise effortlessly from place to place.

One thing I've tried to sort out but I'm failing miserably is in all my cars, I like to have my tank mileage range on the screen at all times. Other than selecting this when the dash dial is over to the right I'd like to be able to have this shown while the dash dial is in the central position.

Is this possible?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and the synthetic engine noise which I thought I would just set in the minimum position has grown on me and every now and then I like to crank it up a little.

Definitely do able. I did it on both my cars. can't remember how though but it's in the settings in the speedo. 

You can also have it on the nav screen by clicking the little tiny purple box and choosing the economy thing. Then it'll show mpg and tank range on the nav screen next to the nav and whatever else you have on there

1 hour ago, Alan Partridges Left Glove said:

Thanks for the response but I'll be b***ered if I can find where to set this.

Note, I've not got sat nav so maybe that has something to do with it.

hmm I'm pretty sure it's in the settings in the speedo under driver information 1 or something. 

• Like 1

Yeah, found that and had a play with it.

I was hoping it would let me have this information where the "Trip" info is on the main dial but pressing the button on the steering wheel and watching the dial slide over isn't a bad thing I suppose.

While you're helping, is there a law about putting your 2.5 year old child in the boot while driving as I'm already p'ed off asking her not to get dirty footprints on the back of my nice shiny leather seats. [emoji16]

If you scroll up/down on the right hand buttons while the dial is in the centre you can display a few different items. Range is one of them. Whatever you select is remembered next time you start up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alan Partridges Left Glove said:

Yeah, found that and had a play with it.

I was hoping it would let me have this information where the "Trip" info is on the main dial but pressing the button on the steering wheel and watching the dial slide over isn't a bad thing I suppose.

While you're helping, is there a law about putting your 2.5 year old child in the boot while driving as I'm already p'ed off asking her not to get dirty footprints on the back of my nice shiny leather seats. emoji16.png

Well Id suppose that would be a form of child abuse lol

However, I dont suppose you could chuck her shoes in the boot instead?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links