Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Found a new button!

Whenever I got something like shopping out of the back of our RX450h I always found it a bit of a nuisance having to either get the key out of my pocket to lock the car or to walk round to either of the front doors to lock using the indent on the door handle.  Some might call me lazy!

However, yesterday I discovered that there is a very small button under the rear hatch handle on the right hand side which if you press it upwards once will lock the car and if you press it twice will double lock the car.

Still discovering little things after 2 years of ownership!

JBP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBPRX400h said:

Whenever I got something like shopping out of the back of our RX450h I always found it a bit of a nuisance having to either get the key out of my pocket to lock the car or to walk round to either of the front doors to lock using the indent on the door handle.  Some might call me lazy!

However, yesterday I discovered that there is a very small button under the rear hatch handle on the right hand side which if you press it upwards once will lock the car and if you press it twice will double lock the car.

Still discovering little things after 2 years of ownership!

JBP

It reminds me of a post I made ages ago asking if anyone had discovered buttons they didn't know they had.  I found one yesterday.  Because I never sit in the back I didn't know the rear AC had its own temperature control, the dog loved it!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I bought a Passat years ago and when I went to pick it up one of the salesmen said they'd show me round all the features. I was like, no need, I know this car inside out - have spent the last 12 weeks reading up about it on the internet. So i left with the car. 4 months later I was coming out of tesco with a load of bags and walked up to the boot and someone else was walking along the path next to me, so I stepped off the kerb to let them past, in turn putting my foot under the bumper, and blow me down the boot opened! I figured I must have pressed the button in my pocket by mistake. So I tried it again, and low and behold it did that as a feature. I was so ridiculously excited, I dragged the other half out of the house when I got home and was like, look at this..! Needless to say I promised myself to pay more attention to the sales talk next time I bought a new car, as I wasn't aware of a feature for 4 months which was, at the time, one of the most exciting things ever. haha. 

• Like 1