Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX300 Custom Exhaust

Hi,

I recently got a 2004 RX300 and wanted a bit more sound and performance from the exhaust. I got a quote from a few places but ended up going with a Cybox exhaust system www.cybox.co.uk as they have full factory facilities not like the back street powerflow dealers. The system is still silent on idle but gives a nice V6 purr when cruising, I have also noticed the the car is much more responsive at lower revs. Pics below its full stainless with lifetime warranty. I dont work for Cybox before anyone asks lol.

IMG_20160824_133731.jpg

IMG_20160824_120535.jpg

IMG_20160824_120546.jpg

IMG_20160824_120554.jpg

IMG_20160824_120600.jpg

IMG_20160824_120608.jpg

• Like 2

That looks really nice, let us know if you see any improvement in MPG (you never know!)

I wouldn't mind something similar but although would appreciate the mild performance upgrade, I'd want the car to remain totally silent :)

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, stjell said:

Hi

Very interested to know where you got your exhaust system from. I've been quoted your price X 10.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

First post tells you where it was done with the website details.

• 1 year later...
48 minutes ago, xmnut said:

Hi, how well has you Stainless exhaust survived.

Stainless steel exhausts are very much a 'fit and forget' item. The company I got mine from for my old Nissan Maxima QX guaranteed it for the life of the car and it was also transferable to the new owner if I ever sold the car, which I did.

52 minutes ago, xmnut said:

Hi, how well has you Stainless exhaust survived.

Did you fit a complete system or just the two boxes before the cat?

2 minutes ago, xmnut said:

Did you fit a complete system or just the two boxes before the cat?

I got everything from the cat back on my Nissan. It's a few years ago now but if I remember correctly, Nissan wanted almost £800 whereas I had the custom one made and fitted for about £390.

Shame Lexus didn't put a duplex system on the f sport variant of the RX and more of a shame they hid the exhaust end on the hybrid.

• 8 months later...
On 8/24/2016 at 2:13 PM, lordbass said:

IMG_20160824_120546.jpg

This exhaust looks very nice.  My 2006 rx400h needs a new middle section and I've been looking for options.  Mine has a small cat built in to the middle section in front of the silencer.  Somebody else has written that the rx300 and rx400h middle section is the same.  

I see that your new exhaust does not have a cat in the middle section. Did your old one have this cat?

(It seems that mine has 3 cats - one on each front pipe, just below the manifolds, plus a central one in front of the middle silencer.   )

Hi, 

Yes mine had 3 cats. They removed the third cat when they installed the exhaust. It still passed the mot with 2 cats and I was able to scrap the cat they removed at my local scrap metal dealer I got £40 for it 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lordbass said:

Hi, 

Yes mine had 3 cats. They removed the third cat when they installed the exhaust. It still passed the mot with 2 cats and I was able to scrap the cat they removed at my local scrap metal dealer I got £40 for it 😊

That's interesting.   Did you happen to check the gas analysis before and after the 3rd cat was removed?  If 2 is enough to meet the necessary standard, one wonders why they fitted 3.  

On 3/30/2019 at 9:41 PM, lordbass said:

Sorry I didn't check. Well lexus are over engineered 😁

Wish they applied their engineering nouse to design the exhaust with an extra flange to isolate the cat from the silencer,  like everybody else.    

On 8/24/2016 at 2:13 PM, lordbass said:

Hi,

I recently got a 2004 RX300 and wanted a bit more sound and performance from the exhaust. I got a quote from a few places but ended up going with a Cybox exhaust system www.cybox.co.uk as they have full factory facilities not like the back street powerflow dealers. The system is still silent on idle but gives a nice V6 purr when cruising, I have also noticed the the car is much more responsive at lower revs. Pics below its full stainless with lifetime warranty. I dont work for Cybox before anyone asks lol.

I sent a message to cybox today for a quote.  Awaiting their reply. 

Potential issue is that they are 150 miles from me, so hoping they will be able to make and send without seeing my car.  

Lord, did you visit their workshop?