Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag recall

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

Shocking news, in the USA Lexus were taking in customers cars and offering them long term rentals until a solution was found and resolved. How can it be one rule for the US market and another for UK /Europe!?!!!

I'm going to be bold and say that in reality, we shouldn't be driving our cars.... 

I would say its a business decision based on market share, not the most ethical way to look at things but come across as a great company with great ethics in the US to retain sales, then look at the UK tiny market share, small amount of profit in reality lets do what we can to keep the Brits happy but no need to go overboard, none of the other manufacturers are offering that to the Brits lets just do the same as everyone else to keep costs as low as possible. Its not right but it will be hoe they are looking at it.

In reality if they put every owner of ever Lexus worldwide into long term hire it would bankrupt the company

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

I would say its a business decision based on market share, not the most ethical way to look at things but come across as a great company with great ethics in the US to retain sales, then look at the UK tiny market share, small amount of profit in reality lets do what we can to keep the Brits happy but no need to go overboard, none of the other manufacturers are offering that to the Brits lets just do the same as everyone else to keep costs as low as possible. Its not right but it will be hoe they are looking at it.

In reality if they put every owner of ever Lexus worldwide into long term hire it would bankrupt the company

Yes I see the 'business' behind this but they're playing with fire and people's lives. Maybe they haven't got enough £ to put everyone in hire cars but they have enough £ to move forward development and a solution much faster than this. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Yes I see the 'business' behind this but they're playing with fire and people's lives. Maybe they haven't got enough £ to put everyone in hire cars but they have enough £ to move forward development and a solution much faster than this. 

Agreed mate I think its awful and your cant put a price on someones life it needs sorting its gone on far too long, but I do understand why the manufacturers are trying to do this the most cost effective way possible

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

If so, hundreds of thousands of cars are being sold illegally, so I guess not. Whether it's morally right to sell a car and not advise of a serious recall, that's another matter. 

• Like 1

I have been called up just now and told my parts have been ordered and will be hitting my selected dealership in a few days. They will then arrange a time for the work to be carried out.

1 hour ago, Arqum said:

I have been called up just now and told my parts have been ordered and will be hitting my selected dealership in a few days. They will then arrange a time for the work to be carried out.

Lexus customer services rang me a few days ago and said work would be starting in a few weeks.

Good luck. I'm going to sit back and wait for the dealers to 'learn' on other people's cars 😀

Some bad reports coming out of the US (so I am told)

Just now, Flytvr said:

Lexus customer services rang me a few days ago and said work would be starting in a few weeks.

Good luck. I'm going to sit back and wait for the dealers to 'learn' on other people's cars 😀

Some bad reports coming out of the US (so I am told)

What they getting wrong?

• Like 1

Well dealer called me and all booked in. It's not a dash out job I'm told. They can change the airbag in question by the removal of the glove box and knee airbag. That's what the service manager told me.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Well dealer called me and all booked in. It's not a dash out job I'm told. They can change the airbag in question by the removal of the glove box and knee airbag. That's what the service manager told me.

I'm pleased if that's the case, was worried my stereo changes would be effected. In the states, some owners have moaned about collateral damage but maybe it's just a few isolated issues. 

29 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Well that's good news.

I'll wait for my dealer to call. Should be fitted before Xmas (2018)

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Pecker said:

Just had the recall phone call to get the ISF booked in - requested a RCF as a courtesy car :whistling:

Result! Lexus called me back and they're organising a demo car to be dropped off!

Albeit I think I'd rather retain the option of an intact face and new airbag...

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2017 at 9:42 PM, emjay82 said:

Or at least communication... 

@mrfunex - yes, it started good month ago and mine was done on ~24nd of August. You definitely need to call them if you want it to happen this year.

39 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Or at least communication... 

@mrfunex - yes, it started good month ago and mine was done on ~24nd of August. You definitely need to call them if you want it to happen this year.

I take it the whole procedure went smoothly? 

I've got to book in for an MOT very soon, so I'll talk to them about it then. I use the Hedge End dealership, if it makes any difference.