Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

Shocking news, in the USA Lexus were taking in customers cars and offering them long term rentals until a solution was found and resolved. How can it be one rule for the US market and another for UK /Europe!?!!!

I'm going to be bold and say that in reality, we shouldn't be driving our cars.... 

I would say its a business decision based on market share, not the most ethical way to look at things but come across as a great company with great ethics in the US to retain sales, then look at the UK tiny market share, small amount of profit in reality lets do what we can to keep the Brits happy but no need to go overboard, none of the other manufacturers are offering that to the Brits lets just do the same as everyone else to keep costs as low as possible. Its not right but it will be hoe they are looking at it.

In reality if they put every owner of ever Lexus worldwide into long term hire it would bankrupt the company

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

23 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

I would say its a business decision based on market share, not the most ethical way to look at things but come across as a great company with great ethics in the US to retain sales, then look at the UK tiny market share, small amount of profit in reality lets do what we can to keep the Brits happy but no need to go overboard, none of the other manufacturers are offering that to the Brits lets just do the same as everyone else to keep costs as low as possible. Its not right but it will be hoe they are looking at it.

In reality if they put every owner of ever Lexus worldwide into long term hire it would bankrupt the company

Yes I see the 'business' behind this but they're playing with fire and people's lives. Maybe they haven't got enough £ to put everyone in hire cars but they have enough £ to move forward development and a solution much faster than this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the US is being treated differently because of its litigious culture and a Federal government that is not afraid to throw around its weight too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Yes I see the 'business' behind this but they're playing with fire and people's lives. Maybe they haven't got enough £ to put everyone in hire cars but they have enough £ to move forward development and a solution much faster than this. 

Agreed mate I think its awful and your cant put a price on someones life it needs sorting its gone on far too long, but I do understand why the manufacturers are trying to do this the most cost effective way possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Also, if Lexus know, why are they still selling the likes of the ISF from main dealers? Is this illegal?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

 

If so, hundreds of thousands of cars are being sold illegally, so I guess not. Whether it's morally right to sell a car and not advise of a serious recall, that's another matter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread on Lexus UK Facebook

 

 

IMG_0763.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been called up just now and told my parts have been ordered and will be hitting my selected dealership in a few days. They will then arrange a time for the work to be carried out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arqum said:

I have been called up just now and told my parts have been ordered and will be hitting my selected dealership in a few days. They will then arrange a time for the work to be carried out.

Lexus customer services rang me a few days ago and said work would be starting in a few weeks.

Good luck. I'm going to sit back and wait for the dealers to 'learn' on other people's cars 😀

Some bad reports coming out of the US (so I am told)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flytvr said:

Lexus customer services rang me a few days ago and said work would be starting in a few weeks.

Good luck. I'm going to sit back and wait for the dealers to 'learn' on other people's cars 😀

Some bad reports coming out of the US (so I am told)

What they getting wrong?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

What they getting wrong?

Others know more than me, but basically damaging dashboard

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well dealer called me and all booked in. It's not a dash out job I'm told. They can change the airbag in question by the removal of the glove box and knee airbag. That's what the service manager told me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys all this airbag talk is quite 'depressing ' 😂

Mind you in a frontal this little person should be just fine 😳

IMG_3168.PNG.8470f9f573940f16c4993f08bf055a37.PNG

Big Rat

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Well dealer called me and all booked in. It's not a dash out job I'm told. They can change the airbag in question by the removal of the glove box and knee airbag. That's what the service manager told me.

I'm pleased if that's the case, was worried my stereo changes would be effected. In the states, some owners have moaned about collateral damage but maybe it's just a few isolated issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Well dealer called me and all booked in. It's not a dash out job I'm told. They can change the airbag in question by the removal of the glove box and knee airbag. That's what the service manager told me.

Well that's good news.

I'll wait for my dealer to call. Should be fitted before Xmas (2018)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will believe it when I see it replacing the passenger airbag without the dash out, I too hope its true though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Flytvr I popped round earlier but you weren't in but I can see that you've trying to replace your own airbag on the Avensis 😂

IMG_0494.JPG.391098f865a03fe8ab5650d1db36c9af.JPG

Big Rat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had the recall phone call to get the ISF booked in - requested a RCF as a courtesy car :whistling:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Pecker said:

Just had the recall phone call to get the ISF booked in - requested a RCF as a courtesy car :whistling:

Result! Lexus called me back and they're organising a demo car to be dropped off!

Albeit I think I'd rather retain the option of an intact face and new airbag...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow, a chink in the armour of the ISF...quite a big one too, unless it can be sorted without an damage to the dash?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had my recall letter through - has anyone had theirs done yet? (I saw the thread about damage during the process...) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrfunex said:

Just had my recall letter through - has anyone had theirs done yet? (I saw the thread about damage during the process...) 

Nowt posted to me 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2017 at 9:42 PM, emjay82 said:

Yes I see the 'business' behind this but they're playing with fire and people's lives. Maybe they haven't got enough £ to put everyone in hire cars but they have enough £ to move forward development and a solution much faster than this. 

Or at least communication... 

@mrfunex - yes, it started good month ago and mine was done on ~24nd of August. You definitely need to call them if you want it to happen this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Or at least communication... 

@mrfunex - yes, it started good month ago and mine was done on ~24nd of August. You definitely need to call them if you want it to happen this year.

I take it the whole procedure went smoothly? 

I've got to book in for an MOT very soon, so I'll talk to them about it then. I use the Hedge End dealership, if it makes any difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes... few starches here and there (including some on the loner they gave me:whistling:), nothing complimentary.. Feeling like standard service..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now