Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag recall

6 hours ago, robbyg said:

Had the air bag recall done at Lexus Croydon. Gave me an IS Hybrid for the time the car was being worked on. Cleaned car in and out and gave it a visual safety check.

Said it was in fantastic condition for the year. Reduced the price to 15500 but still no takers on auto trader. I will keep car if it doesnt sell privately. In a way i am hoping it doesnt sell!!!

Did you bother asking the dealer how much you would get for a trade in or are you not looking to get another Lexus? I was curious how much webuyanycar would offer for mine and surprisingly it was higher than I expected!

I got a call from lexus Birmingham today and got it booked in at the end of this month. They offered me a full service for 275 whilst it gets a airbsg done, great price tbh. . But i just serviced it myself a few weeks ago otherwise i would have got it done.

Anyway i will post my experience with these guys soon.

No I did not ask but I think they give a similar amount by what Auto trader calculates. So would probably be around 8,500k.

in any case they did not have any RC-F’s for sale and said they were unlikely to have any as they are such a rare car now

They did have two LC 500 on the forecourt. One was petrol and the other hybrid.

Wow, what a great car they are. Real header turner both inside and out.

That would be the car to get now.

just need to wait till the price to come down....but as the ISF probably will not but may  hold price or go up!

Also saw the new LS 500 which was almost as nice!

Lexus are really turning out beautiful looking cars right now. Just waiting for the LC -F to come out next....keep dreaming...lol

Recall and service rebooked with Lexus Stockport for next week. Did a trip to see a client near Leeds in filthy weather last week so the white ISF is more panda like at the moment. Fingers crossed for a few extras, like valet etc....

@Ace8800 Yep my isF had its service yesterday @45k miles it was a 50k service they applied my Lexus Owners Club discount without asking, and your right the valet was done and well in IMO.

All in  with the Vat £240.00.

🐀

• Like 1

Recall done today at Lexus Stockport with wash/valet done and £25 of fuel added plus a healthy binge on their tea, biscuits and sweets. Very happy. Given a CT hybrid for the day which is just odd to drive (milk float reactions in eco mode). Also got intermediate service done for £230 and love the health check video they email to you. Decided to go all in and purchase a 2 year warranty and 2 year service plan. Probably won't need to use the former but the F is almost 9 years old and on 91k so you never know, plus includes 2 years AA membership etc

• Like 2

Good to see great customer service. Im planning on taking out the extended warranty when they collect my car on the 28th. .

Mine is in the 90s too, Cant go wrong with £75pm for 24month cover.

• 2 weeks later...

So the car went in for the recall.. car collected from home and also dropped back off, looks nice and clean.

The one thing which i will complain to Lexus Birmingham is that my car went in with just over half a tank of petrol and come back with just over a 1/4.. so one of two things have happened.. . . The 5 mile route took 3 times longer or the 5 mile route was completed in half the time.. either way im not impressed and want a explaination :angry:

8 minutes ago, Ace8800 said:

So the car went in for the recall.. car collected from home and also dropped back off, looks nice and clean.

The one thing which i will complain to Lexus Birmingham is that my car went in with just over half a tank of petrol and come back with just over a 1/4.. so one of two things have happened.. . . The 5 mile route took 3 times longer or the 5 mile route was completed in half the time.. either way im not impressed and want a explaination :angry:

That's not on! And they wonder why we have no trust in the dealerships! Absolute monkeys. 😡 

I Had to take my car back again yesterday(Lexus Stockport) to resolve a rattle from behind the dash that appeared ever since I had the airbag recall done.

I forgot to note the mileage when I left me car.. but  when I collected her today I noticed the petrol gauge had dropped quite a bit.. So I checked the trip computer and the average mpg had gone from 25mpg to 11mpg! :megangry:

1 minute ago, Bluethunder said:

I Had to take my car back again yesterday(Lexus Stockport) to resolve a rattle from behind the dash that appeared ever since I had the airbag recall done.

I forgot to note the mileage when I left me car.. but  when I collected her today I noticed the petrol gauge had dropped quite a bit.. So I checked the trip computer and the average mpg had gone from 25mpg to 11mpg! :megangry:

Perhaps someone can correct me on this, but I know they disconnected the Battery on mine to do the job, so would this reset the average mpg reading?  If so, then it could explain why it has dropped so much.

Having said that, disconnecting the Battery does nothing to the fuel gauge!

1 hour ago, Bluethunder said:

Another one, Lexus need to sort their act out, if you're on Facebook post your issue there to Lexus UK,  much more likely to get a resolution.... 

5 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

The service guys have to disconnect the Battery which will reset the computer, nothing nefarious there. There were a few miles on mine also after the recall, explanation I got was that as a large amount of dash is dismantled, prudence indicated a road test which I think is fair enough. 

I suspect that given the rarity of F cars, the temptation for an extended test drive just proves too much. 

Find a dealer that deals with lots of F cars and the temptation won’t be so great.

It’ll be a battery disconnect or the car idling for a short length of time. I’ve had mine come back from a service and by the fuel economy history, it must have sat there idling for 15mins. I’d view any additional mileage beyond 1-2miles to be excessive unless you’ve specifically asked them to check an issue when the car’s being driven ...

3 hours ago, mrfunex said:

It’ll be a battery disconnect or the car idling for a short length of time. I’ve had mine come back from a service and by the fuel economy history, it must have sat there idling for 15mins. I’d view any additional mileage beyond 1-2miles to be excessive unless you’ve specifically asked them to check an issue when the car’s being driven ...

I didn't know the battery disconnect would reset the trip computer so that would explain the drop to 11mpg.. But the very noticeable drop in the fuel gauge is likely to be a "extended test drive". I will definitely take a photo of the mileage next time I drop the car off for any work and avoid leaving the car with them overnight if possible.  Anyway, a guy from Lexus customer service called me today asking if I was satisfied with the service and if I had any feedback. I raised this issue and he said he'll look into it and contact the service manager.. 

I've mentioned this a number of times on here before my method is always the same due to a previous car at a BMW dealer being abused my e90 M3 on a test 124mph in a 30mph.............

I politely and firmly state the car is not to leave the confines of the dealership without me being present no ifs no buts and I photograph the speedo when dropping off.

Big Rat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I've mentioned this a number of times on here before my method is always the same due to a previous car at a BMW dealer being abused my e90 M3 on a test 124mph in a 30mph.............

I politely and firmly state the car is not to leave the confines of the dealership without me being present no ifs no buts and I photograph the speedo when dropping off.

Big Rat

If my job was as flexible as your’s, I do the same, but for most of us, it isn’t possible to hang around at a garage 😢

• Like 1

Yes I agree your right, but a short conversation with the service manager should always be had to establish if a road test is absolutely necessary, for the type of work the vehicle is being taken in for, in the vast majority of cases I find it's not.

🐀

I still maintain, find a dealer that deals with lots of Fs. Much less likely to even want to go joy riding!

If the staff make statements such as “Wow. an ISF, we don’t get many of those in.......” be on your guard!!!!

24 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I still maintain, find a dealer that deals with lots of Fs. Much less likely to even want to go joy riding!

If the staff make statements such as “Wow. an ISF, we don’t get many of those in.......” be on your guard!!!!

Unless you happen to have a supercharger fitted to your F! Lol. :lol1:

Must admit, Lexus Canterbury have always taken care of me. Car is babied by them. :thumbup: