Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well after 4 years of the GS250, and mine was probably the very first sold to a private buyer if not within the top 3 or 4, it is time to move on. This is the 2nd Lexus we have owned. The first was the dreaded IS220d, which was a really bad car in my humble opinion.

The GS250, on the other hand, was superb. Only covered 25000 miles in it, almost totally faultlessly, other than new wiper arm, and electric mirror motor. The only reason I changed was that it sat in the garage for 90% of the year, gathering dust. It only came out for motorway journeys and it was too expensive in terms of maintenance costs (servicing is £ridiculous) and the depreciation was horrid. Went for a modern classic instead - BMW Z4M Coupe....I won't mind that sitting in garage and gaining in value over the years!

Edited by Silver Arrow
few words

Enjoy the Z4 ...you will have that silly grin stuck on your face every time you go out in it.

I've just got the mk3.5 Mx5 Roadster for my wife. We both end grinning like the proverbial cheshire's every time we take it out for a spin. These new power retractable hardtops are great fun and ridiculously quick to open.

Enjoy!!

56 minutes ago, Silver Arrow said:

(servicing is £ridiculous)

I completely agree with your observation... IS220d definitely horrible car (at least as Lexus anyway), GS250 is rather interesting choice and not very popular, but otherwise nice car. Obviously, for reason of being not very popular it does depreciate more, than say GS300h.. not that much fault of the car but rather British tax structure which favors hybrids.

What I disagree with is that Lexus service is expensive. It really depends on circumstances... if you would have been using the car every day the servicing price would have been very reasonable, especially considering how little goes wrong with these cars general maintenance costs are one of the best. Equally, I am not aware of any manufacturer making any discounts for low annual mileage cars... so obviously you now did good decision to buy the car which suits your needs - fun to drive, has no depreciation problems and no obligation to follow annual service schedule.

Enjoy it!

On average, over 10k p/a you would be paying £275 for the Lexus, and about £150 on average for most BMW's per 10k (usually 2 years between services). We have had 5 BMW's over the years, and to be honest they have all been bullet proof...only one has had a problem and that was an old one.

The Z4M is the coupe, not the rag top, but yeah the roof goes down in 10secs flat on the cabrio.

Just hoping the coupe goes in the same direction as the Z3M Coupe. Good ones with the S54 (M3 engine) now fetching £30k plus.

The engine sound, performance and handling are incredible

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links