Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recall

Stompe

i have to wait for 3 weeks for my car to go in due to the ct's cannisters being replaced and no courtesy cars being available

so the notices are going out to the ct owners.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi - a new member with a ct200h. Have just had the charcoal canister recall completed. Collected car Friday 22 Oct but had a strong smell of petrol in the car. Dealer said they may have spilled some petrol on the carpets as the tank was full. Lexus apparently should have told users to take the car in with a half tank at most but the letter did not mention it.

Long story short, they replaced the carpets and I collected the car on Wed 27 Oct BUT I still have a fuel smell. The dealer says it is normal for a few days but it is now 9 days since the original job was done. Has anyone else had this experience?

• 3 months later...

I was fortunate enough to have read a previous post before taking my CT in. I dropped it off with 1/4 tank and upon collection they'd filled it to 3/4. No smell of fuel in the car and brilliant service, compliments to the team at Lister's Lexus Lincoln.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2016 at 6:29 PM, bestcover said:

Hi - a new member with a ct200h. Have just had the charcoal canister recall completed. Collected car Friday 22 Oct but had a strong smell of petrol in the car. Dealer said they may have spilled some petrol on the carpets as the tank was full. Lexus apparently should have told users to take the car in with a half tank at most but the letter did not mention it.

Long story short, they replaced the carpets and I collected the car on Wed 27 Oct BUT I still have a fuel smell. The dealer says it is normal for a few days but it is now 9 days since the original job was done. Has anyone else had this experience?

Petrol evaporates. Therefore you ideally want to remove all the mats (I suspect some has gone into the floor carpets on the side or underneath) and then keep the car open to air 

Mines booked in on 6th March for this work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told the parts for the recall were on back order when I took mine for it's MOT in January. Was hoping they'd contact me again when they had them in stock.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I made initial contact with my dealer the week between Christmas and new year, at the end of Jan I contacted them again and they told me it was still on its way to them but expected it any day.

There is no harm in phoning them to get an update 😃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have had the charcoal canister recall carried out by Lexus Cambridge,whilst the service from them was good my fuel consumption has increased by 10 miles per gallon,this is obvious from the gauge on dash and the miles dived by fuel,I always check every fill up,this was completed mid Dec.2016,was instantly noticed and emailed dealer who said there is no connection to work carried out,as car has not been serviced by them perhaps this would help,I know the only item that would have any bearing on mpg is air filter,I have served this car myself using Castrol 0W 20W oil as recommended,2012 and only 21,000mls on clock,any ideas please,thank you in advance any replies,

Charlie 

Two recall tasks completed. Car was collected from home in the morning and returned in the evening duly valeted and safety checked with video and paper documentation. Cost nowt.... good on yer Lexus!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

when I collected my car (about 3 week ago) they said there are 2 recalls outstanding, one is the charcoal thingy and the other is to do with bags. Both were done before delivery.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links