Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prospective GS450H owner. Few questions.

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a gs450h. I've been to look at a few and the one that is current favourite is a black car with black interior. It doesn't have the cooled seats in it though, which is something that I think that I want, especially with that colour combo.

Does the seat cooling actually work well? Because if it's not great then I wouldn't miss it I guess!

Any other things to look for when buying?

I'm aware to look for leaky shocks, listen for squeaky interiors and pay close attention to the hybrid system.

Cheers

Mine has, I leave  seat warmer/cooler in AUTO and if needed the ventilation starts, nice feature but not so important like when seat are frozen in winter time and seats get warm; in my opinion it is more useful if you or your passenger don't mount over seat for some seconds, so air can flow trought little holes refreshing the leather.

My seats are brown, may be with black ones the difference is more noticeable.

Slightly different view from me.

I really like the cooled seats - I had them on my previous IS and it was essential for me on the GS.

Lovely on a hot day just to cool you down that bit more...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Z28DUNC said:

I'm in the same boat as Daniel. Came from IS with cooled seats which I thought was a gimmick until we had it. It was a must when looking for a GS. Really makes a difference on hot days.

I live in Lancashire, we don't get hot days. :)

Down here in Oxfordshire we do and I have used the cooled seats a lot this summer. I have used the heated settings less but the F of the S uses heated seats at lot. (And forgets to turn them off so I get cooked next time I drive.)

Can't find an "Auto" position on mine Zotto. Is this just for later models?

John

Thanks folks.

So it is a nice toy to have then by the sounds of it.

I'm even more confused now. I've looked at a few more cars and they were rough compared to the one without the cooled seats.

Considering going for that one anyway. Not exactly roughing it!

I have another question. Probably being dumb......but....does the centre armrest slide forward over the buttons? It looks like it should, but on all the cars I have looked at, it seems stuck in the back position.