Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High idling

Mybuci

Hi guys

i recently got my self my dream car

lexus is 220d modal 2010 manual 

ok on start up every thin is ok idles nice at 800

how ever after about 7 - 10 min idling goes up to   1.2 where it stays , I find this so annoying, I recently took the car back to the garage I got the car from and they did there test ect and found nothing wrong except I say some thin is wrong because the car is running fast on idle at 1.2

can any one advise me please?

Thank you.

image.jpg

I am not going to comment on the choice of the car, but you can easily found information on all problems associated particularly with IS220d in the forum (a lot of them, probably 99% of all problems on this forum is related to this model).

On the fast idle I can suspect it to be related DPF temperature. For DPF to work properly it needs to be at the certain temp, so if your engine is not hot enough ECU might raise RPM to make DPF efficient. Not sure if IS220d had diesel injection directly to DPF to help it reach right temperature.

So that said it might be normal, or it might be faulty DPF/Temp sensor.

Hi 

thank you for your response, Shahpor.

even now the Aircon is off yet rpm is at 1.2 

this is frustrating 😩

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Mybuci
Forgot to put more pics
  • Like 1

Mine will run at 1200rpm when it is cold and the air con is running.  Once it is fully warmed up, the will stay at 800.

You say that after 7-10mins it goes to 1200 and stays there, but is that a short while after, or have you gone on a longer run with it?

Mine can vary how often and long it stays at 1200, but to be honest, after a while I don't even notice it anymore.

By the way, is that the standard sat nav?