Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Michelin Cross Climate

colin79666

• 7 months later...

Year 2 winter update.

12k miles since they were fitted and still going strong. Health check sheet from the recent service shows 4-5mm left on the fronts and about 5mm on the back so wearing fairly evenly all round (a bit more on the front to be expected from a FWD). Tracking was checked as part of the service and shows every adjustment within tolerance. Barring punctures these should last into the summer and I'll probably get a fresh set all round for next winter. Michelin have changed the compound slightly and the new Cross Climate+ promises less wear and improved performance through the life of the tyre.

Not had much snow yet this season but that might change this week. On the few snowy days thus far they have performed well and got me out of where I live with no fuss unlike neighbours who struggled on summer tyres.

I think they have become a bit noisier with wear and while driving the CT 200h F Sport courtesy car while mine was in for service I did notice the different. Initially the Cross Climates were quieter but the courtesy car on standard Yokohama DB70s seemed about the same or quieter depending on road surface. That said the courtesy car was near new so those tyres had little wear.

• 2 years later...
On 9/19/2016 at 10:15 PM, colin79666 said:

£465.55 for 4 including fitting. Ever slightly cheaper than Blackcircles and Costco had them there and there with an shopping voucher offer (now ended) too. 

Going well so far. Initial impression in the first 50 miles is quieter than the Yokohamas and a little change to the ride but not too bad just slightly firmer like pumping up your bicycle tyres another 5 psi. Taking it easy the first 100 miles or so so not done any hard braking or cornering yet. Time will tell and the colder weather in the next few months should prove interesting. 

My downhill bike ride with 18psi on rear wheel and 20 on front wheel 😊 fantastic grip even on loose lava rubble. My AM bike 30 front and 25 rear wheel.

I think the CT has 46-47psi (3.2 bar) on all 4 but never had the precise instrument on as it is for Presta valves only.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links