Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

WhyI will probably not buy another Lexus.

wh05apk

After a week of going back and fore with Lexus h/o by email, after they kept asking for details of VIN numbers etc, as they couldn't trace my car despite the car having had a full service history with them, they have now confirmed that rattles are only covered for 6 months!! My car has an annoying rattle from the dashboard.

I find this disgusting as a so called "premium" car shouldn't rattle and buzz, and if it does it should be covered for at least the full warranty period.

On another note, I have just had the 40,000 mile service done (at only 30,000 miles!) and MOT done at an independent for £179, Lexus were quoting nearly £500! I certainly would not pay these ridiculously inflated prices if they will not even sort out a rattle.

The car is an incredible piece of engineering, but sadly the arrogant/overpriced dealers and head office let the car down, I have often thought the IS300h should be a great company car, but surely the massively inflated servicing prices compared to other brands knock it out of contention?

47 minutes ago, wh05apk said:

After a week of going back and fore with Lexus h/o by email, after they kept asking for details of VIN numbers etc, as they couldn't trace my car despite the car having had a full service history with them, they have now confirmed that rattles are only covered for 6 months!! My car has an annoying rattle from the dashboard.

I find this disgusting as a so called "premium" car shouldn't rattle and buzz, and if it does it should be covered for at least the full warranty period.

On another note, I have just had the 40,000 mile service done (at only 30,000 miles!) and MOT done at an independent for £179, Lexus were quoting nearly £500! I certainly would not pay these ridiculously inflated prices if they will not even sort out a rattle.

The car is an incredible piece of engineering, but sadly the arrogant/overpriced dealers and head office let the car down, I have often thought the IS300h should be a great company car, but surely the massively inflated servicing prices compared to other brands knock it out of contention?

6 months that's utter nonsense  as it appears this fault is probably an inherent fault which means it should be fixed even after the full warranty has expired

Main dealer prices are always going to be higher though. Even kwik fit would charge £250 to get it done. 

Don't know what head office is on about but rattles are covered for 2 years. TBH I haven't been in any car without some form of rattle