Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Group Member

Hi all,

Just dropped in to introduce myself. 

New owner of 66 plate IS300h Sport (Not F-Sport) in Sonic White. 

I've come previously from CT200h and a Toyota Auris Touring Sport so used to the CVT. 

I've only had the car 10 days but so far very pleased. 

I've already fitted my DR650GW dashcam, and stole the power for that from the rear view mirror. 

Fitted an EE WiFi dongle to give me 4G internet. (Or more to keep my 2 year old amused on the iPad)

Currently waiting for the 4 pole to RCA so I can watch video on the A/V. My kid sleeps a lot in the car so need something to do when sitting parked up. 

So far, I love the car, but not quite getting the MPG yet. Managed 35 on a full tank. Think that's a combination of me testing out sport mode and testing the 2.5 litre engine :) (Not with my child in the car of course)

I've just put 60 litres of Premium petrol in at a cost of £75 so I'll use this full tank to try and maximise my MPG now I've finished playing. 

Overall, I think it's a fantastic car.  

One thing that I would like advice on though....

On the back doors of the car is a clear plastic section near the bottom. The dealer reckons this is to protect it from stone chips, but it does get dirty after a wash and polish. Has anyone removed these from their car?

Anyway, as I say, just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all, and any hints/tips welcome. 

Alan

Had them removed on both my white IS's. They were on my first one and the tyre black spray splashed up the side of the car which made the edges of the patch look dirty. Could never get it clean so had them removed. On my second IS they were removed during the PDI. I think they just used hot air the soften the adhesive.

I only do about 6000 miles a year and very rarely use motorway so I cannot comment on the long term high milage result of them not being fitted. But they look horrible on the white.

3 hours ago, Alan Plummer said:

Hi all,

Just dropped in to introduce myself. 

New owner of 66 plate IS300h Sport (Not F-Sport) in Sonic White. 

I've come previously from CT200h and a Toyota Auris Touring Sport so used to the CVT. 

I've only had the car 10 days but so far very pleased. 

I've already fitted my DR650GW dashcam, and stole the power for that from the rear view mirror. 

Fitted an EE WiFi dongle to give me 4G internet. (Or more to keep my 2 year old amused on the iPad)

Currently waiting for the 4 pole to RCA so I can watch video on the A/V. My kid sleeps a lot in the car so need something to do when sitting parked up. 

So far, I love the car, but not quite getting the MPG yet. Managed 35 on a full tank. Think that's a combination of me testing out sport mode and testing the 2.5 litre engine :) (Not with my child in the car of course)

I've just put 60 litres of Premium petrol in at a cost of £75 so I'll use this full tank to try and maximise my MPG now I've finished playing. 

Overall, I think it's a fantastic car.  

One thing that I would like advice on though....

On the back doors of the car is a clear plastic section near the bottom. The dealer reckons this is to protect it from stone chips, but it does get dirty after a wash and polish. Has anyone removed these from their car?

Anyway, as I say, just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all, and any hints/tips welcome. 

Alan

Yep you can remove the two plastic sheets on the sides and the one at the rear.  

DO NOT use hot air. Just use a fingernail to get the edge off and pull. It should just come off. 

If you start heating it, it'll leave loads of glue behind which will need removal and takes ages. 

Ask me how I know.......

The number of times that passers-by have told me that I have a 'nasty scratch' near the bottom of the rear door is amazing.  I have to then point out to them that they are not scratches but are in fact 'protectors'.

Now that I know they will come off, I will probably remove them myself.  Thanks rayaans.

23 hours ago, 200h said:

how do you know ????

Because I heated up the first one I did with a hairdryer all over - Made it all sticky and gloopy and it took 3 MF's to get the glue off the door.

With the other side, I only heated up one corner so I could pry it off with my nail and then just pulled with reasonable force. It comes straight off and makes much less of a mess!

• 1 month later...

Great introduction.

My Black IS300h F Sport arrives on Friday next week so I'm going through Y fronts like they're going out of fashion.

I've the Protection Pack on mine so no doubt I'll have these on mine as well but hoping on the black it shouldn't stand out as much.

Happy driving pal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links